Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map lockup

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map lockup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map lockup - 12/9/2002 8:45:54 PM   
kevsharr

I was devising a pacific battle and was going thru the map's to choose one that was'nt jungle to replicate the rugged terrain on Okinawa found "Iwo Jima-small"by WBW when I clicked on continue so I could review it my system locked up.So I did the three finger salute cntl-alt-delete and task manager came up but it was shaded in black,could'nt read the button's on the bottom like end task etc.There were two entries both saying steel panther's one was running I assume it was the splash the other was not responding,so I hit the end task button at least the button in the spot were it should have been and it took me to desktop,so I tried again ,same result ...weird.Anybody know what the problem could be?I know it's like when you go to the doctor and say "Doc it hurt's when I do this." and he replies"Then don't do that!"[smiley face goes here,have'nt figured out how to do that yet!]
Post #: 1
- 12/9/2002 9:28:15 PM   
Goblin

I am guessing you accidently started the game twice. I have done it when I thought the comp didn't read my double click, and it is a real pain. I would say to try it again, and see if it happens again. If it does, I can email you the map, maybe that will clear it up. Lemme know.

Goblin

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 2
- 12/10/2002 5:31:17 AM   
kevsharr

What's strange is that I made a copy of mty sp-waw and renamed it sp-waw then copied over the origenal with h2h and the map causes the problem under h2h not 7.1.I tried again a little while ago and it still has the same strange problem

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 3
- 12/10/2002 9:20:36 PM   
Svennemir

uhh... try the standard procedures, delete steel.prf file, restart computer, use mech.exe instead of spwaw.exe . Sometimes this stuff works. No one knows why.

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 4
- 12/10/2002 9:21:12 PM   
Svennemir

or maybe sacrifice a goat or something:)

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 5
- 12/11/2002 12:48:33 AM   
Bing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Svennemir
[B]or maybe sacrifice a goat or something:) [/B][/QUOTE]

This one I like. Do you think it will get better frame rates in MS Train Sim for me? Domestic or mountain goat? Would burning the Northern Pacific RR logo suffice? Burning Greek fetta cheese might do it?

Note: Since no one has mentioned: If there are any instances of "holder.txt" anywhere in your SPWAW installation GET THEM OUTTA THERE.

They have been known to cause crashes - I think it stands to reason that any module (Scen or Maps) that looks for a .txt file could easily mistake holder.txt for a valid entry. In effect it will point to nothing - eventually it is almost bound to cause trouble. I always KNEW there was a reason I deleted these files, even before reports of crashes.

I would also look for any invalid or superfluous .txt file in any "working" sub-folder. I get lazy and leave .zip files behind after extraction, apparently doesn't hurt anything but OTOH it can't help anything either. A "rogue" text file is dynamite with a short fuse.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 6
- 12/11/2002 4:32:59 AM   
kevsharr

Will deleting the steel prf cause any problems?

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 7
Holder.txt - 12/11/2002 4:42:15 AM   
jphamel

I did have problems with maps until I deleted those holder.txt, deleting these solved my problems.

As for steel.prf, just your preferences will revert to the default.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 8
- 12/11/2002 5:52:47 AM   
kevsharr

Thank's guy's I found a holder txt and when I clicked on it it told me "delete this"so I did.If I can't get that map to work it's just one of many and it appears to be the only one with the problem.Now can any body tell me how to get the smiley faces on here?

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 9
- 12/11/2002 5:58:59 AM   
jphamel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kevsharr
[B]Now can any body tell me how to get the smiley faces on here? [/B][/QUOTE]

The smileys are on the left when you are in [I]Post Reply[/I]
just click on the want you want and you will see something appear in your text, that is what will make the smiley appear in your post.
When you edit your post you don't see the smiley direcltly you something like : + mad + :, it give you this -> :mad:

As I said, look on the right of the editing window and click on the one you want.

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 10
- 12/11/2002 8:35:44 AM   
kevsharr

I have tried like this:) :) :) :) but nothing happen's[I clicked on the yellow one four times]that's why I've asked.let's see if it work's.

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 11
- 12/11/2002 8:37:31 AM   
kevsharr

I'll beeeee darned it has not worked before thank's:D

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 12
- 12/11/2002 11:23:47 AM   
jphamel

No Problem,

Now you can concentrate on playing:D

(in reply to kevsharr)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map lockup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI