Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign limitations (core force sieze)..?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaign limitations (core force sieze)..? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign limitations (core force sieze)..? - 12/4/2002 11:47:05 PM   
wulfir

I'd like to know a little about when and why the vanishing crew phenomenon kicks in...

i.e; what's causing it...
and what is the top number of units that can be deployed on a map [U]without[/U] suffering this effect...?

:confused: *scratching my head, going bald*

Semper in Primis
Post #: 1
- 12/5/2002 8:17:42 AM   
Alexandra

I've never seen it, but, when I do a generated campaign, which I rarely do, I don't use more than a 2000 point core.

Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to wulfir)
Post #: 2
- 12/5/2002 2:40:25 PM   
wulfir

Are you sure?

It's in the recommendations for Russian Steel... not to exceed 50 something IIRC units for the core or else you might not get crews for any tank or crewed weapon that get hit.

I've seen routed tanks and AT-guns lose their crews into thin air.

From what I've gather it has something to do with limits in the number of units...

Semper in Primis

(in reply to wulfir)
Post #: 3
- 12/6/2002 9:20:12 PM   
Warhorse

I play generated campaigns all the time, with the max amount of units you can buy with 20000 points, never had the disappearance problem!! This, for me is a Panzer battalion, and a bn of infantry, mounted on halftracks, and various supports, in my cor, like 3 platoons of SPAA, and 3 sections SP mortar, hq platoon tanks, mechanized engineer platoon.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to wulfir)
Post #: 4
- 12/6/2002 10:43:49 PM   
Bing

I'll second Mike here: Set the points to 20,000 (click within the points window, not the spinner and you can enter manually) AND set the units to 400. See if that doesn't free up some units. I think this would have to be done before the start of a campaign, otherwise would not not work.

If it were me, I would edit the camp battles, but that is just me and I do recognize the inherent perils.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to wulfir)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaign limitations (core force sieze)..? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI