Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

tulagi, the first offensive

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> tulagi, the first offensive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
tulagi, the first offensive - 12/7/2002 8:42:45 PM   
Cruku

Found two bugs:
1. In the first mission, landidng to the island, I took all VP hexes and killed more enemy soldiers than lost myself(at ratio of about 1:4 or similar, cant remeber)...and guess what, I got a draw. About 4500 points for me and 2500 points for the japs...(not sure again, but something in that direction)
2. I lost the 3rd battle...and got stared from the beginning again???!
Post #: 1
- 12/8/2002 3:02:05 AM   
Alexandra

As to point 1, that is not a bug.

You need a 3-1 points ratio to get a MV, and a 7-1 for a DV.

Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Cruku)
Post #: 2
yes but - 12/8/2002 9:39:32 PM   
Cruku

I should have gotten more points and japs should have had no points at all. they killed like 20 of my men...and a few alligators(landing craft) not worth 2.5k points

(in reply to Cruku)
Post #: 3
- 12/8/2002 9:44:06 PM   
Goblin

Were the victory hexes 'per turn' hexes?

Goblin

(in reply to Cruku)
Post #: 4
- 12/8/2002 11:34:17 PM   
Alexandra

Lvts are worth 18 points or so, base and may have been increased in value by the designer of the campaign. That value can be changed in the editor to try and convince the player to limit losses.

Men are one each, I think, and then an additional cost of you lose a whole squad.

And they may be more if you used Rangers, or Paras.

And, as Goblin pointed out, PPT VHs oftne make for strange scores, and there may also be hidden VHs to prevent an early scen ending.

Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Cruku)
Post #: 5
noope - 12/9/2002 12:18:17 AM   
Cruku

no per turn vp's

(in reply to Cruku)
Post #: 6
Re: noope - 12/9/2002 11:48:42 AM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cruku
[B]no per turn vp's [/B][/QUOTE]

You missed it, there is a stacked vp hex that has multiple vp generators, hex 44-17. The in game description only mentions the end of game points not the per turn points.

If you want to shortcut your way to victory, like I did, do the campaign with a marine para company and army airtransports to get them there before turn 1.

I got an easy decisive because the Japanese didn't get any perturn points. They did get quite a few kill points since I landed right on top of their troops in that area.

Be sure to use the modified version of the campaign if you are playing with v6.x or later. You need the extra points to cover the change of the A0 from 100 points to 200 points. With an unpatched campaign and v7.x you won't even be able to buy a raider company like it recommends.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Cruku)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> tulagi, the first offensive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI