Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Modding Feature Request] Custom ship size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> [Modding Feature Request] Custom ship size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Modding Feature Request] Custom ship size - 8/23/2012 9:00:34 PM   
Pymous

Hello everybody,

Just some mod feature request for Distant worlds' creators :)

It would be great to have some "dimensions" control of "displayed ships picture size" in Starmap.
I mean actually I would like to display only small symbols for ships (like triangles, squares, circles, ...) but I can't because if I try to put some 20x20 pixel image, it will be stretched ingame to match some standard ship size.
There is no need to delete this scaling effect (ships get bigger as their hull size increase) but maybe can you allow us to "divide by a number" initial ship sizes?

It would be really great and I would be able to continue total conversion work :)

Thank you anyway for reading,
Post #: 1
RE: [Modding Feature Request] Custom ship size - 8/24/2012 10:09:15 PM   
Igard

Couldn't agree with you more. Elliot (the developer) used a scaling system whereby the amount of transparent pixels in the image calculate how large the ship is rendered in-game. This means that a ship of size 250 with alot of opaque pixels will be displayed smaller than a ship of the same size that has alot of transparent pixels in the file.

I think Elliot is very happy with the system for use with the vanilla game, but for us modders it does present certain problems. It's been discussed and Elliot is aware of our desire to choose the size of the ship to be displayed in our mods.

It's on the modder's masterlist and we can only hope something is put in place for the next expansion.

(in reply to Pymous)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> [Modding Feature Request] Custom ship size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI