Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

editor and converting CCAW scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> editor and converting CCAW scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/8/2007 9:17:08 AM   
igor7111

does anybody know if you can convert scenarios from the old Complete Carriers at War?
what about scenarios in the Med or Atlantic?
Thanks for any replies
Post #: 1
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/8/2007 4:44:52 PM   
JSS

There's more to follow on this.  I believe the direct answer to your question is not yet (you can create a scenario from scratch though). 

Gregor will have to provide details on what SSG has working.  I expect SSG will plan to release all their scenarios (both store & Run5 scenarios) at some point.

(in reply to igor7111)
Post #: 2
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/8/2007 5:02:05 PM   
CTB123

Are you asking if they can be automatically converted?  If so, the answer is no.  You can manually enter the data and come up with some art work if you wanted to enter scenarios from the old SSG Run5 magazines.  There would be some data conversion necessary, though I don't know the specifics.   I believe SSG will be reserving the rights to any scenarios they wrote for re-release at some point.

Tony

(in reply to igor7111)
Post #: 3
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/8/2007 5:56:11 PM   
Froonp

In case any data is necessary, I have all the old RUN5 magazines, and all disks for those who had disks.
If that can help.

(in reply to CTB123)
Post #: 4
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/8/2007 11:00:00 PM   
Kiwi Red One

Afraid there is a bit more than just punching in the data from CCAW/Run 5 if you want to play a Med/Atlantic scenario as in the current release there is only artwork for US, Japanese and a few Aussie planes/ships so you would have to make any British, Italian, French, German or other nationality ships/planes first as well as new icons for the briefings etc.

CTB123 is correct in saying that SSG at least want to have a look at any of their CCAW/Run 5 scenarios that are converted to run under the new release. I think that they fully intend to release additional scenarioes and artwork for CAW at some point (though thats just my perception).

FWIW I see that they have retained the Nimitz and its modern airgroup among the artwork, so if those Zeros are getting the better of you can just go into the editor and add a few F-14's

Now back to the Coral Sea :)

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 5
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/9/2007 4:19:51 AM   
alexs

Hi Guys,

Im in the middle of moving house at the moment so i'll check in to the forums as much as possible.

To answer the initial question: The game will load in the original CAW scenarios - though you'll need some extra instructions to get the AI read in correctly.  You'll also need to update a few of the changed data fields, and create any required graphics). We intend to create a set of instructions on how to do this with a download of some older scenarios after things die down after the initial release (and i'm all finished moving)!

(in reply to Kiwi Red One)
Post #: 6
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/9/2007 4:56:26 AM   
Panama Red

alexs:
Thank you, it's things like this that make games more enjoyable when the Dev's give support like this.

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 7
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/9/2007 5:32:17 AM   
igor7111

many thanks for all the replies. good to hear that SSG will (possibly?)
be re-releasing some of the old scenarios.

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 8
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 6/9/2007 7:43:09 AM   
JoeRockhead

I'd like to see the War Plan Orange scenario redone.

(in reply to igor7111)
Post #: 9
RE: editor and converting CCAW scenarios - 11/28/2012 8:37:20 AM   
RyanCrierie

quote:

Hi Guys,

Im in the middle of moving house at the moment so i'll check in to the forums as much as possible.

To answer the initial question: The game will load in the original CAW scenarios - though you'll need some extra instructions to get the AI read in correctly. You'll also need to update a few of the changed data fields, and create any required graphics). We intend to create a set of instructions on how to do this with a download of some older scenarios after things die down after the initial release (and i'm all finished moving)!

So was this ever done? I'm trying to convert the old CCAW Olympic scenario, and while I can load it into the CAW 2006 editor and change things, when I try selecting the new scenario in the single player scenario menu, the game CTDs to the desktop.

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> editor and converting CCAW scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI