Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombing HQ and Static implications

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Bombing HQ and Static implications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombing HQ and Static implications - 11/25/2012 3:36:07 PM   
BIG ERN

Is there any benefit from bombing enemy HQs? I have done it and inflicted hundreds of casualties but am nolt sure if I wasted my time.

Also..in 1943 the game has converted much of the German units to Static. Is this to free vehicles for motorized units or is there a defence bonus for a unit as opposed to letting them fortify to levle 4. In other words..what should I do if I want a stronger defence..? Convert to static or just let them fortify?
Post #: 1
RE: Bombing HQ and Static implications - 11/25/2012 10:08:20 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: BIG ERN

Is there any benefit from bombing enemy HQs? I have done it and inflicted hundreds of casualties but am nolt sure if I wasted my time.

Casulties are casulties plus any possible leader roll on deaths. Hard to say if its worth it with out knowing more about teh overall situasion. I think ppl tend to underestimate the value of GS cuz they dont see any death. Which is in fact pretty historic. Its use is in the disruption and the lowering of enemy CV possibly causing attack too succede or fail.

quote:

Also..in 1943 the game has converted much of the German units to Static. Is this to free vehicles for motorized units or is there a defence bonus for a unit as opposed to letting them fortify to levle 4. In other words..what should I do if I want a stronger defence..? Convert to static or just let them fortify?

Hsitoricly it was used to free up vehicles. There wouldnt have been a 42 offensive if they hadnt and its a problem that plauged the germans ever after. In game i've very rarely seen ppl go so low in vehicle pool thats its needed. So generally speaking i woudlnt say its needed because of that.
The bonus u get from static is 50% off attrition. So u can save a great deal of manpower on static front using this. This is the only ingame advantage as its, that i know off.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 11/25/2012 11:20:15 PM >

(in reply to BIG ERN)
Post #: 2
RE: Bombing HQ and Static implications - 11/25/2012 10:33:49 PM   
BIG ERN

Great that answers my questions. thanks

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Bombing HQ and Static implications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI