Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

anybody play this?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Frozen Synapse >> anybody play this? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
anybody play this? - 12/30/2013 3:10:36 PM   
fortress

Just noticed this game and wondered about the lack of response on the forum. The description sounds good but the screenshots are terrible--fuzzy blue screen with some red dots. Not very impressive. The reviews also sound good but those screenshots stop me from trying it. Any comments?
Post #: 1
RE: anybody play this? - 12/31/2013 1:34:14 AM   
RooksBailey

quote:

ORIGINAL: fortress

Just noticed this game and wondered about the lack of response on the forum. The description sounds good but the screenshots are terrible--fuzzy blue screen with some red dots. Not very impressive. The reviews also sound good but those screenshots stop me from trying it. Any comments?

I haven't played it in a few months, but when the game was new, I loved it. Multiplayer was a lot of fun - it is basically WE-GO turn based combat - and the 50 mission single player campaign was fun and challenging.
I haven't tried it yet, but they even came out with an expansion that added some new stuff. The graphics ARE very stylized - it is meant to convey a cyberpunk feel to the combat, and it largely succeeds in doing so, it just takes some getting used to.

If you want to get an idea of the gameplay, here is a vid of one of my MP matches. Mind you, this is a complete replay of all the turns stitched together,
so you are not seeing the orders phase.

http://youtu.be/JllkmCeu-A8

A typical MP game only lasts a few turns, so they are quickly resolved in a day or so. You can also play against the AI if you prefer.

Long short: I highly recommend this game. In fact, all this talking about it might get me to reinstall it!

PS: You can try a demo here: http://www.frozensynapse.com/demo.html

< Message edited by RooksBailey -- 12/31/2013 2:38:25 AM >

(in reply to fortress)
Post #: 2
RE: anybody play this? - 12/31/2013 1:55:06 AM   
RooksBailey

Just out of curiosity I re-installed and logged in to see if the MP portion was alive. While it looks like there is only 1 server now, I saw there were 51 people online. I requested a match and it found me a MP game in about two seconds. So it looks like this game is still quite alive. Just FYI on the MP.

(in reply to RooksBailey)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Frozen Synapse >> anybody play this? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI