Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

change hq for support units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> change hq for support units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
change hq for support units - 12/1/2012 1:43:08 AM   
bairdlander2

What is hex distance to change hq for support units?I want to transfer a support unit from 3rd panzer group to a corps under 3rd's command but it seems I cant unless I am close to corps I want to transfer to.What is clear freindly hex distance to be able to transfer?
Post #: 1
RE: change hq for support units - 12/1/2012 11:37:01 AM   
swkuh

Isn't a problem for me doing Axis vs. AI. Follow naive, common sense placement and always able to make changes within Army, AG, regions. Worst case is to drop SU to OKH and then reassign. Keeping the Corps as close as possible to divs, but the Armies not so much an issue.

Maybe you might say how far your units are separated. Curious some other condition applys.

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 2
RE: change hq for support units - 12/1/2012 11:14:59 PM   
pompack

IIRC, it's more simple-minded than a hex distance. There is a max number of possible HQs that can be listed, and they are listed starteing with the closest.

If you have everyone in the south except the HQ that is shifting support, the answer is however many hexes there are across the map. In that same far-out example, if the HQ shifting support was in the south with everyone clustered close by the answer could be only a few hexes.

Addendum: also IIRC, just to complicate things, the higher HQs are added to the list first, then the lower level ones.

< Message edited by pompack -- 12/1/2012 11:17:00 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: change hq for support units - 12/2/2012 1:12:17 AM   
bairdlander2

3rd panzer group is circled black,I want to transfer a support unit to corps in red,cant do it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 4
RE: change hq for support units - 12/2/2012 1:19:11 AM   
bairdlander2

Options for support unit I want to move.RG seems to be number of hexes,but not sure what RG stands for

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 12/2/2012 1:29:53 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: change hq for support units - 12/2/2012 1:34:20 AM   
bairdlander2

Now I cant transfer at 11 hex away,but can at 10.Also for example AGS is 32 hex away yet I can transfer there but not more than 10 hex to corps under 3rd's command?Makes no sense to me.It does seem to be based on distance for transfer to corps,does anyone know the distance?Is it 10 max to transfer?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: change hq for support units - 12/2/2012 11:42:35 AM   
swkuh

Your examples are clear.

A few points, the RG, I think, is the range in hexes. I think its direct, as if an air distance. Maybe not.

In your examples I'd find what units have an RG that would allow an SU to get to your intended location.You can attach the desired SU to that unit first and then next turn, to the intended unit. This takes three turns to get the SU active and some fiddily work. I distribute support units the way I want them before sending units on missions where they could be isolated. A little planning pays off. You want enough support units in each theatre, region, and locale where you will make a fight.

Actually, I think the support unit assignment for Axis forces is too easy to exploit. Can't believe that support units could be transferred all over an AG's operational area and still be useful the 2nd week.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> change hq for support units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI