Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mapthing= ICE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mapthing= ICE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mapthing= ICE - 2/3/2001 4:50:00 PM   
skukko

After testing and learning something about map editors I had vision in my monitor. It was cold dawn in the 43 east front and my battlegroup was camouflaged with dry snow. Tiger crew wacthed over the river as enemy gathered troops to the other side and begun its rivercrossing. First infantry company has reached halfway when T-34:s flow across the frozen river benches. Tiger crew are waiting and they hope that their Maybach starts at once despite the -40 degrees celsius. When sovjet infantry has reached the other side of the river Tiger wakes up. Suddenly everybody too much things to do and time stops as Tigers engine starts and machinegun cuts infantry line from short range. 88Kwk explodes to action and first shot goes front of the first T-34. Second shot dont hit the armor either and T-34 has time to shoot back to Tigers position. And then sky falls down bringing into the sovjet column 150mm howitzer shells. Ice breaks under the soldiers who are now trying to get back to the beach. T-34:s roar to full speed ahead and they forget the Tiger as they have to survive before they drown into the river. fter a few minutes chaos and barrage, it is silent again. Tell me my friends, how do I get ICE that breaks under the barrage and overload? mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again
Post #: 1
- 2/3/2001 5:49:00 PM   
Don

Mosh, you ask David REAL nice if he will include it in 5.0! Yes, that would be nice - especially the ability to break it up at the right time. Right now all we can do is use concrete to simulate ice, and that's about it. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 2
- 2/3/2001 9:14:00 PM   
Warhorse

How about this as a workaround? It would require some graphics work, but here goes. Paved roads aren't used much, so in the terrain file for the concrete bridge, copy/paste concrete or special ice tile in place of the concrete bridge, then when you place this "bridge" on the water, it will show as concrete/ice. When you destroy the 'bridge', it will revert to water, VOILA!!!! Huh, huh?! I might try it, really busy with oob's at the moment, but this brainstorm is buggin' me!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 3
- 2/4/2001 1:29:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I could not get it to work, Warhorse. What I am missing?..WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 4
- 2/4/2001 1:42:00 AM   
Warhorse

WB, I'll try to take a look at it tonite, did you switch the icons in the shp file, with the shpedit program? I don't think you can do it any other way, was just an idea I had, but I'll see if I can get it to work later, after work!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 5
- 2/4/2001 5:05:00 AM   
Don

Go, Mike! Sounds like it be placing alot of bridges, but if it works it would be great! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 6
- 2/5/2001 12:00:00 AM   
Warhorse

Well folks, big bomb-out on that idea, seems the bridges are somehow hard-coded!! Even after CHANGING the icon, they still showed as bridges, sorry, I tried!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 7
- 2/5/2001 12:31:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Warhorse! Thanks for trying it. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mapthing= ICE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI