Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Policy Files Beta v1.7.0.17

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Policy Files Beta v1.7.0.17 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Policy Files Beta v1.7.0.17 - 1/5/2013 6:33:31 PM   
Darkspire

Not sure where to put this post as it could go to the original post or tech support so I've put it here as I really would like an answer to this and Im sure there are a few on here who might know the answers (I hope)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DW Legends Public Beta v1.7.0.17 Available

Some missing Empire Policy settings are now properly saved: Allow sabotage mission: Destroy base, Allow sabotage mission: Assassinate character, Never recruit troops until colony population reaches X threshold.

I'm just getting back into rebuilding my mod and thought it would be best to start from scratch with the text files for the policy, race etc. I copied the original policy text files from the DW root folder and every one of them has the above settings missing. Can anyone tell me where I can find the values or just tell me what the default settings are for the vanilla races so I can input the data that's missing?

Although I installed the update and played a few games this is the first time Ive gone into the game files in moons. Only noticed because I had my custom race policy file opened with the vanilla ones and it stuck out like a sore thumb. I would have thought that the vanilla policy files would have been replaced / updated with the patch so never bothered looking.

Thanks

Darkspire

< Message edited by Darkspire -- 1/6/2013 5:15:12 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Policy Files Beta v1.7.0.17 - 1/6/2013 2:05:33 AM   
Shadow Tiger

You could go into a new game, open the policies then save it to file. That would make sure everything that can be saved will be. I think you can even save a custom file name in whatever folder you want.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 2
RE: Policy Files Beta v1.7.0.17 - 1/6/2013 5:13:37 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shadow Tiger

You could go into a new game, open the policies then save it to file. That would make sure everything that can be saved will be. I think you can even save a custom file name in whatever folder you want.

That was the first thing I tried. That puts the lines in that are missing but if you are playing with the default theme the policy files are read only so they wont update the text file when you save them, you have to copy the policy files to a theme, go to properties and take the 'read only' tick box off then start a new game with every race and save the files individually, although there is only the three settings,

ColonyPopulationThresholdTroopRecruitment ;0
IntelligenceAllowMissionAssassinateCharacter ;Y
IntelligenceAllowMissionDestroyBase ;Y

I was just wondering what the vanilla race defaults for each race should be that was all.

All of the vanilla race files should have been replaced with updated versions in the current beta patch but as per 90% of the usual my posts on these sort of problems go unanswered by those that should be taking notice. Ive had a whole theme ruined by using the race ship designs that was added in the last update and that post was ignored as well by those that should be taking notice. The only post I had any real feedback on was the nerfed resource amounts in Legends and that feedback was from the community not from anyone in an official capacity.

Its like shouting in the wind round here

Darkspire

(in reply to Shadow Tiger)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Policy Files Beta v1.7.0.17 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI