Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW - 1/1/2014 6:30:08 PM   
Kuokkanen

As with Achtung Panzer v Command Ops thread, what are the strengths, weaknesses, and differences between Conflict of Heroes and SPWAW? I've seen demands for new Steel Panthers game. Is Conflict of Heroes that kind of material with different name?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Post #: 1
RE: Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW - 1/1/2014 6:55:00 PM   
junk2drive

COH you move like checkers, think like chess, roll dice and play a card. Nothing like Steel Panthers.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 2
RE: Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW - 1/1/2014 9:40:00 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Yeah and in SPWAW you can play just about any nation vs another. Nothing like CoH really. I would like a graphics update to SPWAW though in the image of CoH.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW - 1/1/2014 9:54:26 PM   
junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I would like a graphics update to SPWAW though in the image of CoH.

Agreed. And with the option of 3D units for me or counters for the old timers.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 4
RE: Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW - 1/4/2014 2:06:14 PM   
demyansk

I wish SPWAW was updated to the new graphics. I love this game but with the widescreen resolutions, I just wish it was highly detailed to the new technology.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 5
RE: Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW - 1/4/2014 4:13:14 PM   
baloo7777

SPWAW continues to be one of my favorite games of all time. I recently purchased COH, and so far I like it, but not the way I love SPWAW-GE. The ease of play, ease of understanding how to achieve the objective, the built in FOW, the campaign where your forces are brought through say the battle for Guadalcanal, the many excellent scenarios and user developed scenarios, etc. far outweigh the graphics limitations and the artillery bug (overcome by holding down the shift key). No disrespect for COH, as again I am playing it now. I am also planning to purchase Heroes of Stalingrad and Panzer Command: Operation Star. Still it seems the old games like SPWAW are some of the best designed and developed games out there.

JRR

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 6
RE: Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW - 1/4/2014 5:41:36 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

COH you move like checkers, think like chess, roll dice and play a card. Nothing like Steel Panthers.

Hmm. I was going to take a pass on the current Matrix Holiday Sale (lack of time to play new games, not for lack of money), but this has me intrigued. Some interesting new (to me) concepts there. At just ~$30 for original game plus expansion, I think I'll be buying this.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI