Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 1:24:35 AM   
Titanwarrior89

1. I am old....er.
2. I drink alot of coffee
3. I like to sit now, when doing number 2 above.
4. I would want free games
5. I may show up late now, well probley most of the time.
6. Open Cell phone use....
7. And sleep at my desk.....big desk
8. A desk bigger than Erik's
9. Believe everything on my resume.
10.Last but not least, never ever stress me out and must be home to watch the Big Bang Theory.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 1:50:58 AM   
junk2drive

I sit now when doing number 1. Or do you mean number 2 on your list?

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 2:08:57 AM   
Titanwarrior89

I like to sit now drinking my coffee instead of rushing, just taking my time.
quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I sit now when doing number 1. Or do you mean number 2 on your list?

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 2:17:38 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

1. I am old....er.
10.Last but not least, never ever stress me out and must be home to watch the Big Bang Theory.

Ahh, a nice break from teaching "those I can't mention" about life.

1. I only communicate via email. I hate face to face interaction. IM requires too much quick thinking too.

2. Self-starters are over rated. I need very detailed instructions.

3. I believe in individualism, meaning I am NOT a team player...leave me the hell alone.

4. If you expect me to work a full eight hours, then you have huge problems. No one "works" 8 hours.

5. I don't think this would be a problem at Matrix, but...women should be in the kitchen or mixing me drinks all day, like in Mad Men.

6. I don't like-anyone.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 4
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 2:35:13 AM   
rodney727

I trump you all.
1. I'm from Iowa ...nuff said.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 3:32:53 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Parusski, I like your Number 3.
quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Ahh, a nice break from teaching "those I can't mention" about life.

1. I only communicate via email. I hate face to face interaction. IM requires too much quick thinking too.

2. Self-starters are over rated. I need very detailed instructions.

3. I believe in individualism, meaning I am NOT a team player...leave me the hell alone.

4. If you expect me to work a full eight hours, then you have huge problems. No one "works" 8 hours.

5. I don't think this would be a problem at Matrix, but...women should be in the kitchen or mixing me drinks all day, like in Mad Men.

6. I don't like-anyone.

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 1/25/2013 3:34:27 AM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 6
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 8:33:18 AM   
Anguille

I would just spend my time playing the games instead of working....

Post #: 7
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 1:17:22 PM   
ilovestrategy

I would mess around with people's avatars. For example, I would replace Steiner's avatar with a pic of that officer that was after the Iron Cross.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 8
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 2:11:30 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

I would mess around with people's avatars. For example, I would replace Steiner's avatar with a pic of that officer that was after the Iron Cross.

That is truly evil ilovestrategybutcantfigureitout.

quote:

rogo727 truthfully said

1. I'm from Iowa

How horrible.

quote:

titanwarrior89 mumbled:

Parusski, I like your Number 3

And it applies to how I feel about you too.

Now, EVERYONE back to work. I am busy playing.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 9
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 10:33:58 PM   
Rtwfreak

Because I would reduce prices to bargain bin prices after the first year.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 10
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/25/2013 11:09:51 PM   
Lützow

1. Matrix is utilizing MS technologies and I refuse to work with anything not based on UNIX.
2. They couldn't convince 2by3 to introduce a WITP-style air-combat in WitE.

Post #: 11
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 7:56:06 AM   
Gilmer

Reposted from a fellow Crimson Tider....

I drink beer and eat sausages. I sell smart-ass comments on the commodities market and I train my dog to do stupid tricks. I climb ladders and replace light bulbs, I drive to the grocery store when necessary. I float in the tub. When I'm feeling saucy I smoke a cee-gar. I run like the wind and can sing the Alan O'Day hit "Undercover Angel" without snickering.

I sell subscriptions to obscure newsletters. I read Sun Tzu. I play darts with the less gifted. I go to malls and look menacing. I taunt the overweight and then run away.

I stomp grapes. I dance like Nietzsche and live like Thoreau. I wobble but I don't fall down.

I pontificate. I cat-call and heckle. I smoke turkeys. I don't eat the pasta-salad.

I make paper airplanes during meetings. I enter contests where the first prize is a go-cart and can't sleep when the drawing date is near.

I shop and save. I fight my urges and lose on purpose. I watch "Gilligans Island" and dig Ginger. I watch "I Dream of Jeannie" and wonder how long I'd put up with Air-Force crap with that little magical snuggle bunny at home in her jammies.

I found Waldo. I dress accordingly. I sit still during church. I giggle when teachers say "asphalt" or "Uranus".

But most of all.... I love the Tide!

Do I qualify?

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 12
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 2:38:48 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

I drink beer and eat sausages. I sell smart-ass comments on the commodities market and I train my dog to do stupid tricks. I climb ladders and replace light bulbs, I drive to the grocery store when necessary. I float in the tub. When I'm feeling saucy I smoke a cee-gar. I run like the wind and can sing the Alan O'Day hit "Undercover Angel" without snickering.

I sell subscriptions to obscure newsletters. I read Sun Tzu. I play darts with the less gifted. I go to malls and look menacing. I taunt the overweight and then run away.

I stomp grapes. I dance like Nietzsche and live like Thoreau. I wobble but I don't fall down.

I pontificate. I cat-call and heckle. I smoke turkeys. I don't eat the pasta-salad.

I make paper airplanes during meetings. I enter contests where the first prize is a go-cart and can't sleep when the drawing date is near.

I shop and save. I fight my urges and lose on purpose. I watch "Gilligans Island" and dig Ginger. I watch "I Dream of Jeannie" and wonder how long I'd put up with Air-Force crap with that little magical snuggle bunny at home in her jammies.

I found Waldo. I dress accordingly. I sit still during church. I giggle when teachers say "asphalt" or "Uranus".

Do I qualify?

OOOHHHH, sorry H Gilmer-girl, but the Tide remark disqualifies you - for every thing. We Volunteer loyalists simply HATE you people!!!!

Other than having a mental handicap caused by the ugly color crimson, it sounds as though you have a great life.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 13
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 3:55:33 PM   
Titanwarrior89

quote:

Do I qualify?

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 14
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 5:48:59 PM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727
I trump you all.
1. I'm from Iowa ...nuff said.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 15
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 7:14:50 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Do I qualify?

I hope your little smiley face has nothing to do with that disgusting crimson tide.

Post #: 16
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 11:09:22 PM   
Southernland

1. i've seen their office, there is absolutely nowhere safe to string up my hammock

2. My main goal at work is to turn a gallon of coffee into a gallon of pee by knock off time*

3. I want a PC and a Mac

4. my secondary goal would be to restructure all hex based current games to random shape based games

5. Sexual inequality in the workplace, if i ain't getting none then no one should be

6. *Knock off time would be flexible in my favour, conceivably finishing work for the day might even precede starting work for the day**

7. **Start time would require a optimum flexability descretionary clause (see reason 6)

8. I believe i am less of a team player than parusski, and would go to extreme (some may say psychotic) measures to prove it

9. five days and 40 hours? Oh dear don't be silly!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 17
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 11:14:00 PM   
Titanwarrior89

You get the Rope and I'll get the Stool, then we flip and sees who kicks it.
quote:

quote:

quote:

Do I qualify?

I hope your little smiley face has nothing to do with that disgusting crimson tide.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 18
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/26/2013 11:18:16 PM   
Titanwarrior89

No Hammock! I am out. They'll have to find someone else. Oh yea I hate to Multi-task for someone else. But I am good at Multi-tasking, I can fish and eat hot dogs at the same time. But pick up a phone and sharpen a pencil......no can't and won't do it. Their lucky if they get me.

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 19
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/27/2013 12:27:59 AM   
ilovestrategy

I would use gold plated CDs for games and never charge for shipping.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

Post #: 20
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/27/2013 4:08:46 PM   
Gilmer

quote:

quote:

Do I qualify?

OOOHHHH, sorry H Gilmer-girl, but the Tide remark disqualifies you - for every thing. We Volunteer loyalists simply HATE you people!!!!

Other than having a mental handicap caused by the ugly color crimson, it sounds as though you have a great life.

Orange: The color you take when Red is already taken. How's the Great Pumpkin, eh eh eh?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 21
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/27/2013 4:13:15 PM   
parusski

quote:

4. my secondary goal would be to restructure all hex based current games to random shape based games

I like all your reasons, but number 4 is really brilliant.

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 22
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/27/2013 4:14:42 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do I qualify?

Orange: The color you take when Red is already taken. How's the Great Pumpkin, eh eh eh?

Red is the color people show when it is discovered they attended Alabama.

TitanW, I have rope.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 23
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/28/2013 5:46:08 AM   
Rtwfreak

I would actually make printed manuals for "all" games and not charge extra for them.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 24
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/28/2013 8:50:16 AM   
DivePac88

1/ Because I'm an Emu from New Zealand.

2/ Also because I wear an Indian braided leather/copper/bead bracelet.

3/ But mainly because I do really strange things to bread.

4/ And finally because I [replacement word] swear.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 25
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/28/2013 9:31:27 AM   
Anguille

Because i would be working on a game that would please only me....

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 26
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/29/2013 1:25:10 AM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

1. I am old....er.

I just took a second look at that list Tian. Thats some pretty darn good Slaakery youve got going on there I must admit. Id maybe split a hair or two on it but its still rather glorious indeed. For that I award you the video of the day; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BFxjDryrBE

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

Post #: 27
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/29/2013 1:28:54 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anguille

You just won 1st place for best post. We will be sending you 33 pounds of Brazilian Peanut Brittle.

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 28
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/29/2013 9:31:21 AM   
Anguille

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anguille

You just won 1st place for best post. We will be sending you 33 pounds of Brazilian Peanut Brittle.

ehm...thank you...?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 29
RE: Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! - 1/29/2013 2:33:02 PM   
Josh

You folks can't hire me because I'm wearing these;

No honestly.

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Fun thread.....why Matrix Shouldn't Hire YOu! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI