Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about CL

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question about CL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about CL - 2/13/2001 8:03:00 PM   
Hortlund

I'm not so sure I feel at home in the CL forum. So, I thought I'd ask this question in here first (after all, we are all friends in here) . How can we help Matrix with CL? What is it you are looking for right now? Is it general thoughts on gameplay etc, is it a list of features we would like to see? Also, how long have you come in developing the game. I suppose alot of desicions has been made already regarding the scope of the game. So, in what areas are you still looking for input, and in what areas has the desicions already been made? I suspect I'm speaking for alot of us here when I say that we will do the best we can to help you guys with this one, its the least we can do after SPWaW. Steve ------------------ Panzerjaeger Hortlund -=Fear is only a state of mind=-

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
Post #: 1
- 2/13/2001 8:54:00 PM   
Warhorse

Steve, well I for one could use any links to data for the make-up of infantry squads, weapons carried, amount of men, stats for infantry weapons, and figures for production. Any leads in this direction would be greatly appreciated, for now anything German and Russian, mostly the former though. Thanx ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 2
- 2/13/2001 9:14:00 PM   
Charles22

Warhorse: Achtungpanzer.com has info on how expensive the basic German tanks were, as well as their total produced if that helps. [This message has been edited by Charles22 (edited February 13, 2001).]

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3
- 2/13/2001 10:28:00 PM   
Charles22

Warhorse: Here's some more stuff for you. Here's some very intricate stats for a Sdkfz251, including production numbers in '39. This site may give a lot of detail on some things to consider http://www.shadowsfolly.com/WWII/Germany/SdKfz251.htm Here's another, for the Marder series: http://www.shadowsfolly.com/WWII/Germany/Marder.htm [This message has been edited by Charles22 (edited February 13, 2001).]

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 4
- 2/13/2001 11:58:00 PM   
Warhorse

Charles22, thanks for the links, this is a monumental work, and I need lots of data!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 5
- 2/14/2001 12:31:00 AM   
Charles22

Warhorse: I don't know if you think as I do or not, but I will commonly go backwards in a hyperlink's directories to try to get to the home directory, which in this case is: http://www.shadowsfolly.com/WWII It's a huge amount of units with production figures shown for even various time spans, for the most part, and not just confined to totals.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 6
- 2/14/2001 8:09:00 AM   
Charles22

Warhorse: Hey, I may have hit a gold mine here. There's a lot more vehicles than the previous site, but production figures are confines to totals (though conversions are noted). http://www.onwar.com/tanks/ This site even had traverse speeds for guns!!! You might want to let Paul know, here's some hard data! Here's a sample: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PzKpfw V Ausf. A, Panther -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GENERAL DATA Other Designations Panzerkampfwagen V Ausf. A, Panther, SdKfz 171 Manufacturer(s) MAN, Daimler Benz, Demag, MNH Production Quantity 2000 Production Period Aug. 1943 - May 1944 Type Medium/Heavy Tank Crew 5 Length /hull (m) 8.66/6.60 Barrel Overhang (m) 1.79 Width /with skirts (m) 3.27/3.42 Height (m) 3.00 Combat Weight (kg) 44800 Radio Equipment FuG5 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIREPOWER Primary Armament 75mm KwK 42 L/70 Ammunition Carried 82 Traverse (degrees) Hydraulic (360°) Elevation (degrees) -8° to +18° Traverse speed (360°) 60 sec. Sight TZF12/TZF12a Secondary Armament 2 x 7.92mm MG34 (coaxial, bow) Ammunition Carried 4200-5100 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MOBILITY CHARACTERISTICS Engine Make & Model Maybach HL230P30 Track Links 86/track Type & Displacement V12, 23.1 liters Track Width 66cm Horsepower (max.) 700hp@3000rpm Track Ground Contact 392cm Power/Weight Ratio 15.5 hp/t Ground Pressure 12.8 psi Gearbox 7 forward, 1 reverse Ground Clearance (m) 0.56 Fuel Gasoline (Petrol) Turning Radius (m) 10.0 Range on/off road (km) 250/100 Gradient (degrees) 30° Mileage (liters/100km) 280 on/700 off road Vertical Obstacle (m) 0.9 Fuel Capacity (liters) 720 Fording (m) 1.9 Speed on/off road 46-55/30 km/h Trench Crossing (m) 2.45 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ARMOR PROTECTION Armor Detail Front Side Rear Top/Bottom Hull 60mm@35° 40mm@90° 40mm@60° 16-30mm@0° Superstructure 80mm@35° 40mm@50° - 16mm@0° Turret 110mm@79° 45mm@65° 45mm@65° 16mm@0-6° Mantlet 100mm@round - - - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- References: PIA, PV, EGT, GT, PF Last Update: March 16, 2000 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately it would seem as though upon further checking, that the site doesn't have that terribly many gun traverse speeds, but it can be seen for instance that the PZVA had a traverse of 60 seconds, while the F variant was down to 30 seconds. A number of medium tanks, not that the Panther really was one, have traverse speeds common to 15 seconds I've noticed. [This message has been edited by Charles22 (edited February 13, 2001).]

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 7
- 2/14/2001 9:06:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hey man, thanks for the info!! I appreciate ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 8
- 2/14/2001 9:40:00 AM   
BruceAZ

Well if Matrix is going to ask me for my opinion… I can only speak for a small group of friends that I play various war games with and most are via PBEM or I have gone to a web site and tried it. So here is what we say together if you want us to buy it… 1. Make is simple to play PBEM. Nothing causes more headaches with SPWAW or other wargames than the complex PBEM process. Keep it simple and you will gain a greater loyalty base. 2. Make it strategic but with the capability to resolve the battle at a lower level, say battalion or regiment. My (and the friends I play with) true fantasy game is one that gives you the real strategic experience but with the ability to duke it out and SEE your results of your plans. For example, planning the invasion of some remote pacific island on a theater-size map, allocation resources, troop and material build-up, deployment and then resolve the battle. I would use something like SPWAW to resolve the battle. 3. Remember what keeps all of us from playing SPWAW till the wee hours of the morning. Incorporate its key “features” into your next version so that we will come back. 4. Make it like SPWAW but different and flexible. 5. Make it so we can design things like scenarios, campaigns and get involved ourselves with the outcome. Bruce Semper Fi ------------------ "The most important element in war is man. And there are no tougher men than my China Marines." Major Gen. Archer 'Archy' Vandegrift, 1st Marine Division

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 9
- 2/15/2001 7:23:00 PM   
Hortlund

bump

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 10
- 2/17/2001 5:09:00 AM   
Charles22

Warhorse: Here's some more juicy stuff for you. Wow! If only something like this could be found for all nations (this one's for Germany) http://www.feldgrau.com/afvstats.html

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question about CL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI