Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Syrian tank tactics?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Syrian tank tactics? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Syrian tank tactics? - 4/9/2013 11:13:53 PM   
Perturabo

The internets are full of videos of attacks on Syrian tanks operating alone. Why do they operate without infantry support? Does anyone why?

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.
Post #: 1
RE: Syrian tank tactics? - 4/10/2013 7:59:30 AM   
Josh

I've been asking myself the same question, and the answer lies probaby in the nature of the conflict; civil war battling over small patches of land or towns cities where neither party has the upper hand.
So it has become a stalemate, where local militias/ FSA / SAA go out to hunt the other one down. The SAA has still a lot of T-72's (man do they take a battering) so they hunt down a few FSA and demolish a few buildings at the same time.
So instead of large sweeping manoevres, large armoured columns, you see a few tanks battling it out in the rubble of a city.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 2
RE: Syrian tank tactics? - 4/11/2013 1:15:58 PM   
british exil

Maybe also the answer lies in what kind of weapons do the enemy have. If one side has a massive tank and the other on a rifle or automatic weapon, then I doubt if the tank crew are bothered if they are operating alone.

It's not a case where both side are a professional army, fighting with a fully supported company.

It's just a shame that the fighting is causing destruction to an area that has so many valuable artifacts and ruins from Roman and pre Roman era. Plus so many innocent people getting killed, because they find themselves between the 2 fractions.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: Syrian tank tactics? - 4/11/2013 3:14:20 PM   
t001001001

Arab culture doesn't admire technical achievement. It's not that arabs are inherently dumb, it's just their culture. If something breaks, where a western crew would make emergency repairs and go back into battle, arab soldiers will send it back to a corps level depot for repair by foreign technicians. If Sahib knows how to fix it - the other soldiers roll their eyes at him for being such a pleb. In modern, high pace warfare, they have no sense of urgency. It doesn't work out well for them.

Regarding their tanks operating w/o combined arms - combined arms is difficult to coordinate and they just don't get it. Mostly b/c informations going up and down the chain of command are bald lies. It's a cultural issue.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 4
RE: Syrian tank tactics? - 4/11/2013 6:00:56 PM   
SLAAKMAN

HERE MISTACHICKEN, THIS SHOULD EASE THE PAIN;

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to t001001001)
Post #: 5
RE: Syrian tank tactics? - 4/12/2013 10:23:16 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: t001001001

Arab culture doesn't admire technical achievement. It's not that arabs are inherently dumb, it's just their culture. If something breaks, where a western crew would make emergency repairs and go back into battle, arab soldiers will send it back to a corps level depot for repair by foreign technicians. If Sahib knows how to fix it - the other soldiers roll their eyes at him for being such a pleb. In modern, high pace warfare, they have no sense of urgency. It doesn't work out well for them.

So, basically their army is something similar to American high school?

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 6
RE: Syrian tank tactics? - 4/12/2013 10:31:06 PM   
SLAAKMAN

THE EGGLAYER CLUCKETH,
quote:

ORIGINAL: t001001001

DONT MIND THE EGGLAYER. HE APPARENTLY THINKS HE'S A PHD IN MIDDLE EASTERN CULTURAL STUDIES IN ORDER TO EVADE THE BATTLEFIELD. I'LL BUSHWHACK HIM SOON ENOUGH!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Syrian tank tactics? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll