Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Free Trade Agreements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Free Trade Agreements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Free Trade Agreements - 7/22/2013 8:57:39 AM   
davidjruss

Playing Shadows expansion + Haree78 Extended Shadows mod.

Can anyone advise where the bonus income generated by Free Trade Agreements is shown in the Empire Income/Expenditure Screen.

I have Trade agreements with 2 other Empires yet I cannot see any increase in income for my part of the Empire - the Bonus Trade figure remains at 0k and I am still showing a negative cash flow for the Space Ports , military ships etc.

Does the income go to the private sector which is showing a positive cash flow?

DavidR
Post #: 1
RE: Free Trade Agreements - 7/22/2013 9:33:02 AM   
flight2q

On the F6 screen, it's in the income column, second from the bottom. It might say 0K. It takes a while to develop the relationships.

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 2
RE: Free Trade Agreements - 7/22/2013 9:03:24 PM   
Starke

Free Trade Agreements generate a surprisingly small amount of revenue. What they do is earn both parties a commission of sorts on all trade between your empires. You can see the value of all trade between yourself and other empires (I think this number is for the past 12 months rolling?) in the diplomacy screen just to the right of each empire's name. The moment you enter a free trade agreement, you also earn 1% of that as income, and this quickly rises to a cap of 20%. Even then, if you're only trading 10k a year with the empire you have a Free Trade Agreement with, you'll only earn 2k. The most I recall ever trading with one empire was about 60k, which still only earned me 12k, which was chump change to me by that point.

IMO, the income from Free Trade Agreements could do with a little bump.

(in reply to flight2q)
Post #: 3
RE: Free Trade Agreements - 7/23/2013 1:13:18 PM   
Jeeves

The major advantage of a free trade agreement is that it stops most spying by the other empire against you. You can keep the free trade agreement from screwing up your economy by turning off the trade with other empires option in the policy screen. I usually do that in the sixth or seventh game year when my economy is mature and I have lots of mines. Don't enter into mutual defense pacts unless you love some empire intensely because it gives away your galaxy map and can drag you into unwanted wars,

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 4
RE: Free Trade Agreements - 7/23/2013 7:34:39 PM   
Starke

Indeed, although the little income is nice, and it occasionally helps to have them as a source of resources if you establish a new colony next to their borders, they're most useful to solidify diplomatic relations. You'll already be getting a small diplomatic bonus with that empire for sharing trade. The treaty will shut off most/all any thoughts they have of spying on you or assigning pirate attack missions, and you'll gain positive relations with the friends of that empire for having a beneficial treaty.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Free Trade Agreements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI