Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial 2 ouch!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tutorial 2 ouch! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial 2 ouch! - 6/29/2013 2:53:30 AM   
Marvin Pontiac

I did tutorial 1 which was clear to me and went fine. But tutorial 2 jeez guys what a slap in the face. I thought a tutorial was supposed to give you a bit of confidence. I didn't know what to do in the second half. Was waiting for tutorial messages to come up but hardly anything. The first bit goes reasonably fine with the 2 enemy regiments. (although what am I supposed to do with the cavalry here; there are no instructions in this tutorial on how to use the messaging system. And after that?!? I just get overwhelmed. Don't understand where I'm supposed to direct my units. Am going to try again and read a lot more carefully. I'm clearly out of my depth with this game...but you could have made that second tutorial a bit easier I think. Or am I missing something?
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial 2 ouch! - 6/29/2013 1:37:42 PM   
Floyd

Please read there:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/command-a-staff-school/46218-brigade-combat-tutorial

(in reply to Marvin Pontiac)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial 2 ouch! - 6/29/2013 4:37:57 PM   
Marvin Pontiac

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for the link. You knew what I was looking for: An indication that it's not just me who finds this hard
I tried again anyway and this time I read the messages more carefully and got a lot further. At least I understood this time what I was supposed to do. Still ended up loosing. Gonna try again! The game seems pretty cool. Bought it for realism and then when I get it I whine. Typical.

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tutorial 2 ouch! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI