Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Norway Scenario Tips (besides sacking Karl Dönitz) ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Norway Scenario Tips (besides sacking Karl Dönitz) ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Norway Scenario Tips (besides sacking Karl Dönitz) ? - 6/11/2013 10:28:42 PM   
ADBBingo

Hello,

Newbie to Panzer Corps, although I've played this type of game since the original Panzer General, and started with Avalon Hill board games many moons ago. I'm finding this game fantastic, and once I play through this one I plan to get the Grand Campaign megapack - loads of fun !

Anyway, I'm bashing my head against the Norway scenario. I just can't seem to get a decisive victory. The Kriegsmarine is a joke ? Elite branch my arse :) The brave Norwegians just send them to the bottom time after time, and then shell the fillings out of my poor boys up North. I'm definitely planning to send Dönitz to the Eastern Front once that opens up. Was the German Navy really that awful ? Haven't ever read much about the Norway campaign.

Anyway, any tips on this scenario would be welcome !

Thanks from Chicago

Don
Post #: 1
RE: Norway Scenario Tips (besides sacking Karl Dönitz) ? - 6/11/2013 10:37:09 PM   
The_Drill_SGT

Here is another thread with my approach

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3275300

(in reply to ADBBingo)
Post #: 2
RE: Norway Scenario Tips (besides sacking Karl Dönitz) ? - 6/13/2013 3:58:03 PM   
Texican

In the upper left corner of the map, during placement, there is a spot where you can place up to three transported units. Place a Pz III, a mountain infantry, and a Sig Self-propelled Artillery there, and land them immediately, Turn 1.

The only lower forces that will help them capture the uppermost objectives are paratroopers, which you can send up there at your leisure. Remember, the lower main landing group is not expected to fight all the way to those objectives; just unlikley.

Follow the above and you should bag an easy decisive victory every time.

(in reply to ADBBingo)
Post #: 3
RE: Norway Scenario Tips (besides sacking Karl Dönitz) ? - 6/13/2013 5:57:01 PM   
Numdydar

Really? I have always been able to get most of the lower forces up to the top and still get a DV.

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Norway Scenario Tips (besides sacking Karl Dönitz) ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI