Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cant assign assisination to spy on my base

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> cant assign assisination to spy on my base Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/25/2013 10:14:37 PM   
elanaagain

A pirate NPC is on my gas base. I can see his name, and that he is an agent. A scientist. And which pirate group he belongs to. Yet, my spy, with assassination skills, cannot target eithr of these NPC's. Whats up?
Post #: 1
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/26/2013 5:27:25 AM   
Ralzakark

Agents cannot assassinate other agents. But apart from that it sounds like a bug if the base is yours.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 2
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/26/2013 8:22:04 AM   
Bingeling

That happens once in a while and should be a bug. He will possibly disappear if you exit and reload the game.

I think it is related to blowing up a pirate base, and characters for some reason not being removed, ending up in the wrong bases. It should have no nasty effects apart from confusing you...

(in reply to Ralzakark)
Post #: 3
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/26/2013 11:06:23 AM   
elanaagain

Cool. Given how powerful these agents can be. - I was thinking of scrapping the base (hopefully) to 'kill' the agent. Thx

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 4
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/26/2013 3:20:24 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

If scrapping doesn't work just let your ships blow up the base.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 5
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/26/2013 4:03:04 PM   
Fenrisfil

I wonder. Did you capture the base? I captured a main pirate base (large space station) and kept it in commission in my current game and later on in the game noticed that the faction I'd captured it from had their pirate leader and a couple of other characters (scientist and spy I think) still in the base. This was quite a bit later and I'd been chasing down the last remnants of that faction for that whole time. So basically just scrapped the base. Don't know if it killed the characters or just moved them on.

Anyway, fairly sure that was a capture related bug.

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 6
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/28/2013 11:35:37 AM   
Flinkebeinchen

I had this bug too. The Characters from the Pirate Faction were still alive and I could see their stats when inspecting the Base.

(in reply to Fenrisfil)
Post #: 7
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/28/2013 12:48:07 PM   
Bingeling

I have seen it twice on mining bases built in a system where I previously blew up a pirate base.

In one of them it could be that the mine was already there when I killed a new base, in the other I built the mine after blowing up a Legendary base in the system (and built the mine mostly to prevent another one from appearing).

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 8
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/28/2013 1:00:06 PM   
elanaagain

Ah yes. The base was one I built. Don't remember if it was in a system where I killed a pirate main base. My custom is to build my own gas base at any former pirate location so as to displace them further from my colonies and shipping. So it probably was in a former pirate haven star system. I will try reloading game if it happens again and see what happens, and report it here FYI.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 9
RE: cant assign assisination to spy on my base - 6/28/2013 9:15:37 PM   
necaradan666

I've also seen the whole A-team of a pirate faction still hanging at the base I captured, so I no longer attempt to capture pirate bases.

It also had pirate vessels still coming and going and building/repairing while under my ownership, I had to scrap it to kill everyone and get things back on track

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> cant assign assisination to spy on my base Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI