Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infranty with minds of their own?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infranty with minds of their own? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infranty with minds of their own? - 2/18/2001 1:51:00 AM   
Don Doom

I have made a campagin with a combo of armor and infantry on both sides and set objective points, reaction start times and every time I start to test it by setting the controls for the AI vers AI some of to most of the infantry head north to a medium size town? Which for some units is at a 120deg from the objective set point. Confuzed? ------------------ Doom

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining
Post #: 1
- 2/18/2001 2:16:00 AM   
Charles22

Must be tea time in the town

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 2
- 2/18/2001 2:27:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Don Doom! The set waypoints and reaction time for AI needs to be improuve it is still bugge. Sometime it will follow them and sometime not. Also if you deleted a formation after setting waypoints and bough another formation you have to reset all waypoints again or the old one don't stick. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 3
- 2/18/2001 3:36:00 AM   
Fredde

Soldiers always run for the nearest bar whenever they are left unattended

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 4
- 2/18/2001 5:03:00 AM   
skukko

How about walzing tanks around vhexes driven by AI? Got waypoints and objectives, both I've tried, I even raised vhex value to interest Wall Street, but nocando is their business...they don't bother even to shoot when I move my trucks near them... quess they drinked their gasoline or robbed a Drugstore... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 5
- 2/18/2001 10:48:00 AM   
Don

Don, did you set waypoints? If all you set was objective flags and reaction times, they should head for the V-hexes, I think. It can be very difficult to get the AI to do what you want, but it depends on the situation. Meeting engagements are the hardest. Now Mosh's tanks - I think they just went AWOL!

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 6
- 2/18/2001 11:13:00 AM   
Redleg

If you guys ever figure out how to get the AI to follow way-points and objectives in a reliable way, I will hold you in awe as super gamers! I would also like to get them to stay put in a defensive stand.

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 7
- 2/18/2001 2:15:00 PM   
Wild Bill

All the parameters to be followed to get units to stay put or move where you want can give you a headache. There are so many of them. Leave out one and you have a problem. These features, as Tankhead has said, have always been a little "buggy," but they work better in this version of SP more than any other I have seen. And yes, they could be improved some more. I agree! ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 8
- 2/18/2001 3:42:00 PM   
skukko

Hi WB Your absolutely right, it could be worse. Note that we are smiling, not crying mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 9
- 2/20/2001 3:10:00 PM   
RockinHarry

Yes, AI behavior also depends upon Battle type! Just setup the same battle with all flags, waypoints etc. to either advance/delay or meeting engagement. I noticed that the (setuped) AI forces more willingly follow their intended waypoints in meet/eng battles. In advance/delay battles with same setup, the AI forces start some sorties between waypoints, if enemy (human player) units detected. Didn´t tried it with assault/defend battles, yet. RockinHarry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infranty with minds of their own? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI