Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your Empire Priority"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your Empire Priority" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your Empi... - 7/10/2013 9:33:48 PM   
endoric_MatrixForum

so i noticed a strange thing today.

When in the Expansion Planner with Show asteroids checked i have an asteroid with gold at 43% displayed.

BUT when i switch to "Resource Targets by Galaxy Priority" i see there are other asteroids in the same asteroid field with Gold at 74& and 86%.

why would "Resource Targets by Your Empire Priority" suggest a gold source of lesser % when higher percentages are right next do it?
Post #: 1
RE: Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your ... - 7/11/2013 4:33:28 AM   
Starke

I noticed the same oddity just today. I always assumed that "by empire priority" picks what resources your empire is short of, and lists all potential sources, possibly by proximity to your colonies or something similar. But one time I noticed that I was returned more results if I searched by galaxy priority instead - including some obviously better options. Strange.

(in reply to endoric_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
RE: Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your ... - 7/11/2013 9:28:37 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starke

I noticed the same oddity just today. I always assumed that "by empire priority" picks what resources your empire is short of, and lists all potential sources, possibly by proximity to your colonies or something similar. But one time I noticed that I was returned more results if I searched by galaxy priority instead - including some obviously better options. Strange.

Strange indeed, but much of the workings of the Expansion Planer are strange IMO.

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 3
RE: Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your ... - 7/11/2013 2:38:15 PM   
endoric_MatrixForum

I wish there was a method to show all available resources known to my empire. I am fine with making the decisions as to where i want to place a mine.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
RE: Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your ... - 7/11/2013 5:05:13 PM   
elanaagain

@endoric wrote "I wish there was a method to show all available resources known to my empire. I am fine with making the decisions as to where i want to place a mine."

Two partial workarounds: On the galaxy map via clicking on lower left hand corner of monitor, spiral galaxy icon is a filter 'known resources.’ This display highlights all systems where your empire 'knows' at least one resource. Systems will show as 'known' even if some of the planets are not yet explored as long as at least one is explored/known. Down side is you may only select one resource at a time to filter for known resources. Also, if space creatures or unknown pirate bases there - these don't show either. Another partial work around is to bring up the expansion planner (galaxy not empire) and sort by name. This will list all the planets in the same system together for easier planning. It’s only partially helpful because moons have names that don't tie to the system name (and the game engine does not allow users to change, via modding, the names of moons, only planets, ARG!!!). Asteroids also don't sort by system - so those resources won't show up by system name either.

(in reply to endoric_MatrixForum)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question reguarding "Resource Targets by Your Empire Priority" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI