Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Saga Continues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> The Saga Continues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 2:10:56 AM   
cobra13

A month ago I posted a thread -Downloads- where I asked for help in getting my game installed on a new computer...other one died.
The suggestions were all excellent...but all failed.
Support has ignored all 4 requests for help
Tried Eric Ruitins...ignored
Tried Primus direct..ignored
No they are not responding and being stuck in spam file..they send me the monthly news letter without a problem.
In setting up the new computer this is the only company that does not cooperate or is making it impossible to enjoy something I spent a lot of time and money on.
The point I would make is this..if the old customers have no value to Matrix..the new pool of customers will dry up.I have been buying strat games for a very long time..66 years old...and this is the worst customer support I have ever seen.
I know support had my request as they closed out a 2012 ticket the day I sent my request for help.
I know the forum can not help..just venting my frustration and surprise at the lack of help from Matrix.
Post #: 1
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 2:51:27 AM   
elanaagain

Like the Vorlon said: "And so it begins."

(in reply to cobra13)
Post #: 2
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 3:02:59 AM   
dazoline II

Try Eric again, sometimes he's got personal stuff or a full inbox but I've never seen him fail to come through and I've seen a great number of these types of threads. Get his attention and you won't be disappointed.

Good luck.

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 3
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 4:24:23 AM   
cobra13

I agree about Eric...I have seen him help others before...Just surprised he is ignoring me...but on the good side I received a reply from support..for the first time in over a month!
It was just a form response and assigned my concern a number-I will advise if it is only false hope or real progress. If I find out Eric has been kidnaped by aliens,I will also advise.
I will offer to collect the ransome..wait wait -I just figured out na way to rebuy the entire game I already paid for.......hmmmmmmm

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 4
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 4:59:20 AM   
2ndACR

No need to do that. I have stuck with Matrix as my almost exclusive game company due to the support they give. This would rank as one of the very few I have seen/heard of in all my years. Try Erik again. Best way sometimes is to make a thread here titled "Erik Help" and also make one in the General Discussion. That will at least catch his eye faster than digging thru threads and he might miss a post.

His inbox is full so create a thread like I stated. That will attract his attention faster.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 7/30/2013 5:01:22 AM >

(in reply to cobra13)
Post #: 5
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 1:10:38 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: cobra13

I agree about Eric...I have seen him help others before...Just surprised he is ignoring me...but on the good side I received a reply from support..for the first time in over a month!
It was just a form response and assigned my concern a number-I will advise if it is only false hope or real progress. If I find out Eric has been kidnaped by aliens,I will also advise.
I will offer to collect the ransome..wait wait -I just figured out na way to rebuy the entire game I already paid for.......hmmmmmmm

We do apologize for the issues you are experiencing. I have just checked Matrix Helpdesk support and we have always replied to your queries, including the last one.
Please check your spambox, the download links might be there. Please also follow the instructions we provided in your support ticket for downloading the base game "Distant Worlds".

(in reply to cobra13)
Post #: 6
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 4:14:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Cobra13,

I'm sorry it looks like that from where you are sitting, but I can say the following:

quote:

ORIGINAL: cobra13
Support has ignored all 4 requests for help

As posted above, support has replied to your Help Desk requests. Can you please double-check those and let us know if you are not seeing the replies?

quote:

Tried Eric Ruitins...ignored

I have not received any communication from you as far as I know, either via PM or e-mail. Had I received it, I would not have ignored it.

quote:

Tried Primus direct..ignored

In my experience, this is not your best option, but they do always reply when contacted. I'm really at a loss to figure out how this communication black hole across all possible contact points could happen.

quote:

In setting up the new computer this is the only company that does not cooperate or is making it impossible to enjoy something I spent a lot of time and money on.

And that is the exact opposite of what we do, as a rule. We have two people working customer support full-time. I know from experience that we respond daily to all help desk requests. We also respond to e-mail support requests, requests sent via the store and posts here on the forum (though the forum is the least reliable way of getting support, except in a case like this where you have not been able to communicate with us otherwise).

quote:

The point I would make is this..if the old customers have no value to Matrix..the new pool of customers will dry up.I have been buying strat games for a very long time..66 years old...and this is the worst customer support I have ever seen.
I know support had my request as they closed out a 2012 ticket the day I sent my request for help.

Again, I'm not sure how this is even possible - but there's absolutely no truth to the conclusions. I understand why you are saying this, but the premise that we ignored your support requests is not true at all. Those we saw we replied to and in my case I never received one from you as far as I can tell.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to cobra13)
Post #: 7
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 5:09:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

As an addendum, I just found the e-mail you sent me yesterday evening and replied to that as well, but I had no previous communications.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: The Saga Continues - 7/30/2013 9:37:45 PM   
cobra13

The Saga is over!
Yesterday turned to a good day today as I received great help from support and Eric...Thank you all as I am downloading my game and it's addons right now.
Why no one seems to have received my other requests I do not know...but I suspect an evil Shacturi plot to isolate Matrix...they better increase there shields and prepare defences against a sneak attack.
Seriously,Thank you support and Eric.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> The Saga Continues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI