Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time to Squash Some Bug "People"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Time to Squash Some Bug "People" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time to Squash Some Bug "People" - 8/20/2013 1:50:24 PM   
Anthropoid

My questions and so forth from my "I"m Back" thread are probably going to go unnoticed so I figured I'd start a new thread.

Wow, the uh . . . Gizureans are not a particularly 'friendly' species are they? Looks like they struck at exactly the right time, immediately after I had colonized a new planet and before its Space Port was built. I think I'm gonna lose that colony but then I'll just have to take it back!

Nice AI!

So back to the questions:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid
My first question:

My home system is Gizurea, and home planet is a continental moon around the 7th planet, a gas giant. I am in the early stages of interstellar travel (Gerax drive is about six months away). I have maps for a few of the nearby systems (all in the 0.5 to 0.75 sector range). I have built gas mining stations at Caslon sources in three or four of these remote stations (Mureshem, Shatoon, and Kamuri). None of these stations have a continental planet and I am a ways from being able to colonize any of the planets in these systems.

I've noticed that, when my construction ships have a build queue order like this:
1. Build Gas Mining Station at Planet Kamuri 7
2. Refuel at nearest source
3. Build Mining STation at marshy planet Kamuri 2 (nice source of carbon fibre)

What happens is the ship goes and builds the gas extractor at Kamuri 7, then refuels at the new gas extractor at Kamuri 7.

Then, instead of heading for the marshy planet Karmuri 2, it heads back all the way to my home Space Port at Gizurea. I'm guessing it does this to replenish its cargo of building materials, but I have not actually paid close enough attention to know that for certain.

If I want builders to be able to operate in one of these remote, non-colonizable systems (sometimes outside the boundary of my Empire influence) what should I do?

I'm guessing that if I design a defensive base (or any other base with a small enough size) with at least one: energy, high-tech, weapons plants; docking bay; and commerce center, that it will accumulate commodities and build components?

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 8/20/2013 1:53:20 PM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3
Post #: 1
RE: Time to Squash Some Bug "People" - 8/20/2013 2:16:25 PM   
Jeeves

Constructors only get supplies by visiting a SPACEPORT or as delivered by freighters when they have run out of work to do due to a resource shortage. Since it typically takes over 6 months to build something, spending a month or two flying between systems has always been okay for me. I recommend using the selection panel cycle arrows to look at all of your constructors each month if you manually control them. When a shortage is noted, double click and examine the cargo list to see if there are any components in cargo to be added. If none then change the order of the constructor from build to repair by selecting it, then right clicking on the base, then clicking again to get the order changed to repair...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 2
RE: Time to Squash Some Bug "People" - 8/20/2013 5:34:03 PM   
Anthropoid

Ah okay so "repair" applies as "replenish your building materials" for constructors. Thanks!

I do prefer to manually control most all of my Empire. If nothing else, it helps me to learn how the thing works.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Time to Squash Some Bug "People" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI