Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where's the Super Beam Weapon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Where's the Super Beam Weapon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/13/2013 10:53:41 PM   
Chris21wen

'Our agent Raak Taghran has evaded detection after having successfully stolen research information on Super Beam Weapons from the Lyras Ascendancy'

No sign of this weapon or the research. Anybody know why?
Post #: 1
RE: Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/13/2013 11:22:26 PM   
Trev_lite

i think you did not manage to take the whole tech but since super weapon techs do not show up on the tech tree you cannot see how much of the the tech you stole.
i think that the super weapon techs should be on the tech tree even if they are grayed out so you can see if you have them or not and if you stole part of one how much of it you have.
if you stole 51% it would be a good idea to try and steal it again, but if you only stole 1% it would be useless to try and steal it unless you are doing the mission within 1 month (would take about 10 years to steal the whole tech in that case)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/14/2013 12:08:50 AM   
JCVocke

I Think all of the Super Weapon techs should be on the tech tree in the same way the Warp-Bubble Precursors tech is, there but unavailable until certain situations.

The tech could then be enabled by different events, the existing "Found it in a Ruin" event would just give you the opportunity to research the tech as getting the finished tech for free is too much in my opinion. You could steal it from a rival who had it, which enables you to research it.

ORRRR... Making the late game somewhat interesting.... You could possibly get it from the Shakturi if you agree to provide tribute by becoming a Vassal, giving up some Systems, and converting your government. Would make the Shakturi far more dangerous as currently in my games they just spawn and build every wonder on their crappy planet...

....and then I get angry about their wonder hogging and destroy their homeworld with my Planet Destroyer and end their threat before it ever began.

(in reply to Trev_lite)
Post #: 3
RE: Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/14/2013 12:08:51 AM   
Keldun

It seems that there is the super area weapon as well that doesnt seem to show up in research. You can successfully steal those two tech ten times + and they still wont be complete.

(in reply to Trev_lite)
Post #: 4
RE: Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/14/2013 6:37:36 AM   
Canute0

You start to research the Super Weapons techs after you researched all the other Techs, yes it isn't show at the research overview. It's more a hidden feature.

And you need alot more succesful steal research actions to have the tech complete. It it a lvl 8 tech.

(in reply to Keldun)
Post #: 5
RE: Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/14/2013 7:29:47 AM   
Shark7

Actually, the super weapon techs should be on the tree, but can only be made visible and be available for research once you locate the ruins. In other words, you should still have to research it even after you find it.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 6
RE: Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/14/2013 8:35:04 AM   
Chris21wen

Thanks

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 7
RE: Where's the Super Beam Weapon - 8/14/2013 12:26:13 PM   
Strat_84

That's normal if you didn't get the tech, it takes a lot of missions to steal entirely.

In a game with a slow research I once managed to steal one ... after more than a hundred spy missions.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Where's the Super Beam Weapon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI