Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Launch issue with "Grouped" airfields

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Launch issue with "Grouped" airfields Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Launch issue with "Grouped" airfields - 10/3/2013 11:19:56 AM   
mattpenfold

I have been having a problem with a scenario I put together where as a training exercise planes based at RAF Coningsby are tasked with attacking RAF Lossiemouth. Both airfields were imported using the import/export function and both are "grouped" airfields, ie not single-unit ones.

I noticed that when I assigned 6 aircraft to take off as a group from Coningsby three would begin to taxi to the runway, and one then start to take off. The other two would then start taxing to the runway all over again. They took the full 3mins+ to do so. As a result, it was taking 15mins to launch 6 aircraft!

Sunburn in another thread explained it should work like this:

quote:

Here's what is happening: All 6 aircraft are in "taxiing to the runway" status while they are on the taxiways. One this process ends, the first two enter the runway. Until these two take off, the rest cannot enter the runway because it is fully occupied. So thy remain in "taxiing to the runway" status until the runway clears. Same when the second pair enters the runway.

I have run some tests this morning, and find it works as Sunburn describes when using single-unit airfields but not when using "grouped" airfields.

< Message edited by mattpenfold -- 10/3/2013 11:21:20 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Launch issue with "Grouped" airfields - 10/3/2013 5:20:29 PM   
bsq

Not much hope for this then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_Interval_Takeoff

Or even the survival scramble screen shot of Al Dhafra shown in the lead up to the game release.

(in reply to mattpenfold)
Post #: 2
RE: Launch issue with "Grouped" airfields - 10/21/2013 11:55:50 AM   
Dimitris

bump

(in reply to bsq)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Launch issue with "Grouped" airfields Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI