Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weapon Arcs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Weapon Arcs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weapon Arcs - 10/4/2013 4:35:43 PM   
Primarchx

While not a big deal at extended ranges (past 5nm), weapon arcs become very important when attempting to set up optimal point defense aspect to incoming threats. Though weapon arcs can be set up when Adding Mounts to platforms in the scen editor, there is no way to determine the arcs of emplaced weapons in the DB viewer. The best one can do is hunt up a line drawing or the like on the web and hope for the best.

What plans are there for a method of displaying weapon arcs in Command?

< Message edited by Primarchx -- 10/4/2013 4:36:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Weapon Arcs - 10/4/2013 4:45:56 PM   
Der Zeitgeist

Hmmm, why not just use the same technique as with radar coverage? Airborne radar ranges are already drawn as arcs on the map, that should be easy to implement for weapon ranges, too.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 2
RE: Weapon Arcs - 10/4/2013 7:23:33 PM   
ExMachina

I like this suggestion (essentially an argument for a more detailed unit report)

As a corollary, I'd also like to see the AI better incorporate weapons arcs--sometimes the AI is too rigid. For example, torps like ADCAPS should be able to target contacts w/in 360 degrees of the launching SSN however in the game, the AI will insist on your turning the whole SSN to bring the tubes to bare on the target (a potential liability on some situations). There's of course a manual workaround (fire a bearing only out the front of the SSN and then re-task the trop once it's in the water) but the AI should be able to accomplish this on its own.

< Message edited by ExMachina -- 10/4/2013 7:24:45 PM >

(in reply to Der Zeitgeist)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Weapon Arcs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI