Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Excellent game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Excellent game! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Excellent game! - 11/6/2013 12:04:14 PM   
ParaB

Played about half a dozen battles so far and have to I'm very much impressed with what this game delivers. The interface is well designed and far from the sometimes convoluted systems seen in a lot of hardcore strategy games where you often spend more time fighting the GUI than the enemy. All relevant information is easy to obtain and ordering my units around feels very natural. The scenarios I've played so far were quite challenging, yet always fair and a lot of fun. The AI seems to do a good job and actually uses different approaches instead of blindly following scripted routes.

But the most important thing for me is that combat just feels right. Basically every engagement so far had me thinking "Yep, that's exactly how it should work". No easy feat for a wargame.

Kudos to the developers!

Post #: 1
RE: Excellent game! - 11/6/2013 12:26:05 PM   
CapnDarwin

ParaB,

Thanks for the kind words. We hope you enjoy playing the game and we plan on improving the game and adding more content as we go.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to ParaB)
Post #: 2
RE: Excellent game! - 11/6/2013 6:56:07 PM   
rooivalk

I agree ParaB this is an extremely solid simulation that does "feel right", best investment I have made in a while

At Fiddler’s Green, where seamen true, when here they’ve done their duty, The bowl of grog shall still renew and pledge to love and beauty

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Excellent game! - 11/6/2013 7:02:09 PM   
wodin

I agree aswell..best Wargame release in a long long time. I really think every Wargamer should own a copy of this.

(in reply to rooivalk)
Post #: 4
RE: Excellent game! - 11/6/2013 10:04:28 PM   
Dorb

You guys are killing me, I still have couple of campaigns to finish in Wargame Airland Battle, playing Civil War II now, have not even started Espana 1936 yet and have World in Flames coming tomorrow. Dare I toss one more on the pile with no idea of when will get to it... way too many great games and just not enough time! Guess it is that time of the year.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Excellent game! - 11/6/2013 10:14:27 PM   
wodin

Drop Wargame Air land Battle and swap it out for Flashpoint;) Flashpoint should be top of your playing list!!:)

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 6
RE: Excellent game! - 11/7/2013 1:26:28 AM   
deadsunwheel

Could not agree more! Can't stop playing it myself. All my game time has been consumed by it. WitE has been relegated to collecting dust and I have not even glanced at Football Manager 2014 yet (yes I know not the same thing at all but another one of my vices).

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: Excellent game! - 11/7/2013 2:02:31 AM   
mikeCK

Wish I could have gotten into airland battle but I sprained my index finger last time I played it. If they ever put in a 1/2 speed button I am all over it

(in reply to deadsunwheel)
Post #: 8
RE: Excellent game! - 11/7/2013 1:52:45 PM   
CapnDarwin

ALB is a nice looking game. Not a wargame in my opinion. It's an RTS with tanks instead of ogres and dwarves. Fun, but I'm not a big clickfest fan. I'd love to have their game engine for doing a really cool wargame though. Be able to zoom out to counters and then zoom down to each tank and tree. Maybe someday.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to mikeCK)
Post #: 9
RE: Excellent game! - 11/7/2013 2:48:44 PM   
wodin

Agree completely.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

ALB is a nice looking game. Not a wargame in my opinion. It's an RTS with tanks instead of ogres and dwarves. Fun, but I'm not a big clickfest fan. I'd love to have their game engine for doing a really cool wargame though. Be able to zoom out to counters and then zoom down to each tank and tree. Maybe someday.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 10
RE: Excellent game! - 11/7/2013 10:55:00 PM   
Dorb

Since World in Flames and the maps did not cost as much as I feared, and I was already paying freight, went ahead and grabbed this too while the wife was not looking.
Phase 1:Complete, Now for phase 2:Finding the time for all these great games the Matrix folks been putting out. I swear, no better time then now to be a PC Wargamer!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: Excellent game! - 11/8/2013 11:52:50 AM   
wodin

Would be interested to know which game you end up "Playing not Learning" more;)

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 12
RE: Excellent game! - 11/8/2013 12:00:56 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Since World in Flames and the maps did not cost as much as I feared... went ahead and grabbed this too

Yep, Matrix got a twofer from me too. My multitasking skillset will be severely challenged this weekend!

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 13
RE: Excellent game! - 11/8/2013 12:05:43 PM   
kemmo

Football manager 2014 got relegated with me as well, got flashpoint and haven't even thought of buying FM yet.

(in reply to deadsunwheel)
Post #: 14
RE: Excellent game! - 11/8/2013 10:35:03 PM   
Dorb

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Actually Civil War II is what I am into right now. Just finished Ken Burns The Civil War last week and been studying back up on the war with my Osprey books. Watching Gettysburg movie tonight while reading. I find when getting into a game- a movie of the period and some books always help the study / learning process and get the juices flowing.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Excellent game! - 11/9/2013 12:59:29 AM   
MikeAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

My god, the IrisZoom engine is the most beautiful engine I've ever seen. I wonder how much it would cost to lease it. Need some investors? :-)

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 16
RE: Excellent game! - 11/9/2013 1:30:22 AM   
wodin

Reading a book on the battle\War your wargaming helps 1000x..I'm currently reading Jason D marks superb new book and then decided to try Decisive Campaigns again because the unit he covers is int he game (sadly though the regiments aren't named in the game). It helps loads though when you can put names\faces and their experience to the counter on your screen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Actually Civil War II is what I am into right now. Just finished Ken Burns The Civil War last week and been studying back up on the war with my Osprey books. Watching Gettysburg movie tonight while reading. I find when getting into a game- a movie of the period and some books always help the study / learning process and get the juices flowing.

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 17
RE: Excellent game! - 11/9/2013 2:09:19 PM   
Dorb

Wodin, we may be brothers from another mother.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 18
RE: Excellent game! - 11/9/2013 4:41:27 PM   
wodin

Sure could;)

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Excellent game! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI