Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Old Jane's Combat Simulations?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Useful Material >> Old Jane's Combat Simulations? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Old Jane's Combat Simulations? - 12/21/2021 9:47:37 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Hello all scenario builders.

Primarily through my father, i've acquired alot of material from some of the old Jane's Combat Simulations titles, including some Strategy Guides.

I'm bringing this up because I thought that perhaps some of you may be interested in recreating the wars/battles/missions from some of those classic titles in Command.

I feel that the material in those old classics offer something a little different, given that they are all Pre-9/11 and have some different views on potential conflicts from the perspective of the mid-late 1990s.

If you are interested, I'll start a long project to try to copy over in a coherent way the information needed for faithful recreations.

I have:

Strategy Guides for:

688i Hunter/Killer
USAF
F-15
Jane's Fighters Anthology
AH-64 Longbow

I also have manuals (and therefore maybe some campaign backgrounds) for:

F/A-18
USAF
AH-64 Longbow
F-15
688i Hunter/Killer
Fighters Anthology

I don't have any useful documentation (for this purpose) for Fleet Command unfortunately. But I can try to extract some information from the game, which I do have on Steam.

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 12/21/2021 9:55:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Old Jane's Combat Simulations? - 12/22/2021 12:56:49 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

UPDATE:

I decided to go ahead and start making some scenario documents. For 688i; USAF and Fleet Command, I was able to look into the files and locate the text of briefings. In the case of USAF, there are some basic images too; although I think only the Sleeping Giant 2005 campaign may be worth doing, as the others are 2 historical campaigns (Vietnam and Desert Storm) and 1 Red Flag-esqe campaign.

I've made scenario documents for all the standalone missions in 688i Hunter Killer, which include the initial descriptions; messages, and a basic OOB. All of that information often includes latitudes and longitudes to get a good idea for where the scenario should be in Command.

I can create a Zip folder of PDFs of these documents and upload to this thread, again, if there is interest. I'll at least make documents for the 4 campaigns of 688i depending on the level of interest.

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 12/22/2021 12:58:48 AM >

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 2
RE: Old Jane's Combat Simulations? - 12/22/2021 1:45:04 AM   
Kushan04

I'd be very interested in whatever documents you're willing to share.

I remember USAF. Think it was the second flight sim I ever played, with Aces of the Pacific being first.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 3
RE: Old Jane's Combat Simulations? - 12/22/2021 3:09:50 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Great! I've completed building the documents for the Single Missions and the first two Campaigns for 688i Hunter Killer. Once I complete the ones for the last two campaigns tomorrow, I'll bundle them all together and ether upload here, or link to a google drive folder if the compressed file is too big for the forums.

The scenarios are rather small by Command standards, but that could be a good thing, as the campaigns could be good for lesser experienced players or those who want some smaller scale stuff.

It will ultimately take a very long time to convert everything I have, but at least I've got the content for one game just about done.

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 12/22/2021 3:13:43 AM >

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Useful Material >> Old Jane's Combat Simulations? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI