Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[MOD] GTPG v2.0 Part 1 (1939-1943) (19/12/12)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> [MOD] GTPG v2.0 Part 1 (1939-1943) (19/12/12) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[MOD] GTPG v2.0 Part 1 (1939-1943) (19/12/12) - 11/17/2011 11:25:38 PM   
nikivdd

GTPG Grand Campaign with the vanilla e-file (stock units) by Nikivdd

English Version GTPG v0.1 -50 scenario's: http://www.designmodproject.de/forum/downloads.php?cat=54
English Version GTPG v1.06 - 70 scenario's :http://www.designmodproject.de/forum/downloads.php?cat=54

English Version GTPG v2.0 (Part 1: 1939-1943) for Panzer Corps v1.11 - 53 scenarios: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1anv95

The downloads come as a rar file, it includes the mod, flowcharts, changelog, credits and installation guide. Feedback in any form is much appreciated!

Installation:

The campaign pack needs to be unrarred under \documents\my games\panzer corps\mods
If there is no mods folder, than you need to create it
Launch the game, chose new game, click on more campaigns, click on the GTPG v0.1 or v1.0 , click on play

In honor of the campaign developer of Panzer General, Gerold Treitler!
Who hasn't heard of Gerold Treitler's 6.2 Campaign for Panzer General? If you don't, you probably weren't born yet ;).

Please share your comments!

GTPG Grand Campaign v2.0 DEMO by Nikivdd

GTPG v2.0 demo auf Deutsch: http://www.designmodproject.de/forum/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=173
GTPG v2.0 demo in English: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1079fq

< Message edited by nikivdd -- 12/20/2012 7:11:40 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 11/18/2011 3:19:29 PM   
nikivdd

Playtest screenshots.

Ready to Blitzkrieg?

Comrad Stalin is pleased with the Sovjet/German co-op.

Oslo anyone?

Whose paratroopers are coming to diner?

The troops await your orders to invade Belgium.

You'll never fly alone...

French have tanks too...

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 2
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 11/27/2011 1:14:50 PM   
nikivdd

1)If you prefer to play with a preset starting core (->my games\panzer corps\mods): http://www.gamefront.com/files/21031007/GTPG1_preset.rar
2)If you prefer to play with a starting core of your chosing (->my games\panzer corps\mods): http://www.gamefront.com/files/21031006/GTPG1_handpick_rar
3)Standalone scenario pack (-> my games\panzer corps\scenario): http://www.gamefront.com/files/21028429/GTPG1_standalone_scenarios.rar

!!!Both campaign packs cannot run under \mods together, so you really have to make a choice!!!

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 3
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 11/27/2011 2:24:48 PM   
demyansk

I downloaded the small rar file of preset,

Any advice on how to place them into the game?  I forget at times and want to do it correctly, looks nice

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 4
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 11/27/2011 4:39:17 PM   
nikivdd

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

I downloaded the small rar file of preset,

Any advice on how to place them into the game?  I forget at times and want to do it correctly, looks nice

Hi Demjansk,

If you downloaded the campaign with the preset or handpick core (downloadlink 1 or 2) you have to unrar the files under:
documents\my games\Panzer Corps\mods

Start the game, chose new game, chose more campaigns and you will find it in the list.

If you downloaded the rar file with the standalone scenarios (downloadlink 3) you have to unrar the files under:
documents\my games\Panzer Corps\scenario

Start the game, chose new game, chose scenario, chose custom and you will find the scenarios in the list.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 5
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 11/27/2011 7:11:09 PM   
demyansk

I have my game under programfiles\slitherine\panzercorps

I do see some panzer corps material under the my documents folder but I don't see any campaign, scenario folder?

Am I missing something?

I installed the mod manager and I created a folder called mods in the slitherine\programfilesx86\panzercorps section.

The first scenario looks like a avery small map? Is this correct?

< Message edited by demjansk -- 11/27/2011 9:37:18 PM >

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 6
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 11/27/2011 10:06:58 PM   
nikivdd

quote:

I have my game under programfiles\slitherine\panzercorps

I do see some panzer corps material under the my documents folder but I don't see any campaign, scenario folder?

Am I missing something?

I installed the mod manager and I created a folder called mods in the slitherine\programfilesx86\panzercorps section.

The first scenario looks like a avery small map? Is this correct?

Under \documents\my games\panzer corps\ you need to create a folder scenario (for single scenario's, the pzloc and pzscn files) if you want to play single scenarios.
Under \documents\my games\panzer corps\ you need to create a folder mods (for campaigns).

If you want to play a single scenario unrar the "standalone scenario.rar" under \scenario
If you want to play a campaign unrar either GTPG1_preset or GTPG1_handpick under \mods

If your mother language is different than english - if i know it at least - i might be able to help you in your mother language. I noticed you are also active on the slitherine forum, i have the thread there as well. Sorry it took a while to respond tonight, but i am usually active on the slitherine forum, not so much on the matrix one.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 7
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/2/2011 11:48:14 PM   
demyansk

Quick question,

I installed the pre set campaign and it works. However, I tried to play my saved game from the original campaign and I was at the start of Barbarossa invasion and it will not load? I have no clue on what to do now? I would hate to start the game from the beginning.

What do you think?

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 8
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/2/2011 11:54:35 PM   
demyansk

I think I have the answer, I went to the mod manager and moved the active mod to the left making it inactive and then the game loaded from the original.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 9
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/3/2011 8:13:09 AM   
nikivdd

What came first in my mind is that you probably use GME program to load/unload mods.

With GTPG you don't need to use GME.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 10
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/3/2011 4:35:38 PM   
nikivdd

First scenario (England) of 2nd pack available as standalone scenario: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21049715/Scene06_England.rar
Althou there is no briefing, i do warn you that at several occasions, the British receive reinforcements. As german player you will receive italian reinforcements (althou little) when capturing enough towns south of the river Thames. Use your behing-the-lines paratroopers and AT guns there to keep enemy units busy as long as possible and capture that supply depot! (hint).

Installation of standalone scenario's explained in the first window of this thread.
Have fun!

Are you ready General?

Expect some resistance :)

The more british units bound to your paratroopers, are at least not harassing your troops in the south (yet)!

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 11
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/3/2011 4:36:30 PM   
nikivdd

Second scenario of pack 2 available as standalone scenario: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21050342/scene07_gibraltar.rar

Almost there...

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 12
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/5/2011 8:49:43 PM   
demyansk

I like this game

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 13
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/5/2011 9:42:08 PM   
nikivdd

quote:

I like this game

Great :)

Foundations have been laid for GTPG pack 2.
I have to wait for Panzer Corps v1.05 before i can continue developing and scripting the campaign.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 14
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/9/2011 11:09:54 AM   
demyansk

Hi nikividd,

I am playing the campign game you produced and you have done a fine job.  In the second scenario some of the cities don't have a name - not sure if you did this on purpose or it really doesn't matter.  By the way, do you know how to see the map without the units showing?   I also this it would be nice to have a better highlighting system for objectives in this game.  That's not you but the development of the game, is that something you know how to do?  I like the game and the campaign is working under th 1.05 patch

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 15
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/9/2011 4:38:36 PM   
nikivdd

Hi Demjansk,

You can use the strategic map for a better overview of the primary objectives and units.
I don't think it is possible to look at the map void of units.

All scenario's in pack 1 are taken from the originals of GT. Unfortunately not all cities received a name, even back then. All help is welcome to identify the "nameless" cities.

Thank you for letting me know that sofar you had no issues running the campaign under v1.05.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 16
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/10/2011 1:46:36 AM   
demyansk

Hi Nik,

I finished the Norway scenario but fell short of the northern most objective.  I made the mistake of not sending the airborn up there at the beginning of the game.  After finishing the scenario, even though I lost it sent me to France and then I will start that tomorrow.  Its looking good, I think a way to void units on the map so you can see just terrain would be a good addition on the next patch of Panzer Corps.   I notice dyou have other map packs.  However, you can't have them loaded up at the same time or something like that?  I'll keep you updated.  Nice work

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 17
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/10/2011 7:31:58 AM   
nikivdd

quote:

Hi Nik,

I finished the Norway scenario but fell short of the northern most objective.  I made the mistake of not sending the airborn up there at the beginning of the game.  After finishing the scenario, even though I lost it sent me to France and then I will start that tomorrow.  Its looking good, I think a way to void units on the map so you can see just terrain would be a good addition on the next patch of Panzer Corps.   I notice dyou have other map packs.  However, you can't have them loaded up at the same time or something like that?  I'll keep you updated.  Nice work

For the Norway scenario it is really necessary to send the paratroopers up north. After a few turns you get another paratrooper which is added to your core.
The other packs are the same as the one you are playing.
1 pack contains the scenario's which you can play seperately, 1 pack starts the campaign where the 28 unit starting core has been chosen for you and 1 pack allows the player to buy 28 units for his core.
For GTPG pack 2, there will also be two choices to continu the campaign after pack 1. And one pack where you can play the scenario's seperate.

Thanks for the feedback!

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 18
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/10/2011 7:36:18 AM   
nikivdd

First of all, there is finally the new v1.05. If someone would have an issue with GTPG 1 under the new version, let me know.

GTPG 2 is back on track and currently i am betatesting the second biggest scenario of the pack, Balkans.
I had to make a bit of a choice here, since in the original there is no Balkans scenario, so i decided to add it, and script it with a twist.

The original Malta scenario is pretty much undoable, it made me think of a certain 1 deployment hex scenario. So i decided to replace it with one i made some months ago. A scenario has to be fun/playable and not a desperate search where to land troops, which in my opinion is just plain frustrating and ends with endscn 0.

To come back to the Balkans scenario, i decided to add a bit of stuff for Yugoslavia and Greece. For Yugoslavia i added Me 109, Hurricane I, Blenheim I, R35 tanks and cavalry; and for Greece a couple of polish imported fighters. I also decided for the Axis to add some hungarian troops and added more bulgarian troops than in the original. I'm currently in the fourth test. That leaves me then with one more scenario, which is, not surprisingly , Crete. I was doubting to add it or not but i think most players expect a Crete scenario, surely after Greece.

Last but not least, two brand new screenies from the Balkans scenario.

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 19
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/10/2011 2:34:55 PM   
demyansk

Hi Nikk,

I am playing the invasion of France and the scenario with the EE paratroops but I am unable to find Eban Emael on the map?  Do you think you can look at it and possibly see if I am missing something?

Is it the little Belgium flag that says "Landing zone"
i have the answer, yes it is

< Message edited by demjansk -- 12/10/2011 4:02:39 PM >

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 20
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/10/2011 4:28:14 PM   
nikivdd

quote:

Hi Nikk,

I am playing the invasion of France and the scenario with the EE paratroops but I am unable to find Eban Emael on the map?  Do you think you can look at it and possibly see if I am missing something?

Is it the little Belgium flag that says "Landing zone"
i have the answer, yes it is

Yeps that's it. At least v1.05 contains a new overlay to avoid the hasstle to find a zone like in this scenario.
(put on my to-do list)

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 21
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/10/2011 5:05:50 PM   
nikivdd

GTPG campaign pack 2 (scenario's 7-11): for Panzer Corps v1.05!

1)If you prefer to start with your DLC40 core (v0.01): http://www.gamefront.com/files/21072671/GTPG2_DLC40_rar
2)If you prefer to start with your GTPG1 core (v0.01): http://www.gamefront.com/files/21072676/GTPG2_vanilla_rar
3)Standalone scenario pack (v0.01): http://www.gamefront.com/files/21072669/GTPG2_Standalone_rar

!!!Both campaign packs cannot be placed under \mods together, so you really have to make a choice!!!

Also in the first window of this thread.

< Message edited by nikivdd -- 12/10/2011 8:42:21 PM >

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 22
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/10/2011 6:30:28 PM   
demyansk

I just finished the French scenario and I missed out on the last small objective but gathered all the main objectives.  That last scenario was a lot of planes and fairly balanced.

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 23
Barbarossa Reversed - 12/11/2011 9:30:20 PM   
nikivdd

First scenario of GTPG 3 is done. A few screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/UqV4J.png
http://i.imgur.com/5Yl63.png
http://i.imgur.com/1lKpG.png
http://i.imgur.com/gRDVR.png

< Message edited by nikivdd -- 12/11/2011 9:31:25 PM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 24
RE: Barbarossa Reversed - 12/12/2011 12:12:32 AM   
demyansk

Nikk,

When you state that mods can't be placed in the same folder?  Since I have the scenario with the core unit already made up do i have to delete it and enter the gtpg pack 2?

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 25
RE: Barbarossa Reversed - 12/12/2011 7:33:18 AM   
nikivdd

quote:

Nikk,

When you state that mods can't be placed in the same folder?  Since I have the scenario with the core unit already made up do i have to delete it and enter the gtpg pack 2?

Well, i meant - will adjust it - that both GTPG1 packs cannot be placed under modes together, both GTPG2 packs and so on.
To play GTPG2 you don't have to delete GTPG1.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 26
RE: Barbarossa Reversed - 12/12/2011 10:46:11 AM   
demyansk

Hi Nikk,
I see I dragged the file into my documents\mygames\panzer corps and it shows up

I am using the pre set units.  I let you know how I do,

Nikk, is it difficult to create these campaigns? I would like to try one in the future? maybe a scenario as starters, I have loads of books, over 400 of them on ww2. lots of battles we have never heard of. just bought the grand campaign 41

< Message edited by demjansk -- 12/12/2011 11:07:16 AM >

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 27
RE: Barbarossa Reversed - 12/13/2011 9:13:14 AM   
nikivdd

It is not difficult to create scenario's or campaigns. But it is very time consuming. Also everything needs to be tested thoroughly.

Like i did, it is better to begin small. First create a scenario and experiment and learn about the scenario editor as you move on.

I liked betatesting DLC 41. It is a great add-on.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 28
GTPG3 screenshots - 12/18/2011 6:32:10 PM   
nikivdd

Troops are deployed and awaiting orders (Pskov region)

Kiev is not undefended

Italian assistance in the Kiev sector

Leningrad

A few russian units between the frontline and Leningrad

Progress report:
Barbarossa reversed: done
Pskov: done
Leningrad: testing phase
Kiev: done
Moscow: to do.

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 29
RE: New project GTPG's campaign for Panzer Corps - 12/19/2011 2:54:57 AM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikivdd

First of all, there is finally the new v1.05. If someone would have an issue with GTPG 1 under the new version, let me know.

GTPG 2 is back on track and currently i am betatesting the second biggest scenario of the pack, Balkans.
I had to make a bit of a choice here, since in the original there is no Balkans scenario, so i decided to add it, and script it with a twist.

The original Malta scenario is pretty much undoable, it made me think of a certain 1 deployment hex scenario. So i decided to replace it with one i made some months ago. A scenario has to be fun/playable and not a desperate search where to land troops, which in my opinion is just plain frustrating and ends with endscn 0.

To come back to the Balkans scenario, i decided to add a bit of stuff for Yugoslavia and Greece. For Yugoslavia i added Me 109, Hurricane I, Blenheim I, R35 tanks and cavalry; and for Greece a couple of polish imported fighters. I also decided for the Axis to add some hungarian troops and added more bulgarian troops than in the original. I'm currently in the fourth test. That leaves me then with one more scenario, which is, not surprisingly , Crete. I was doubting to add it or not but i think most players expect a Crete scenario, surely after Greece.

Last but not least, two brand new screenies from the Balkans scenario.

You are a sneaky devil! I'm on Crete and the Balkns was by far the most enjoyble. Can't wait to see what is next.

(in reply to nikivdd)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> [MOD] GTPG v2.0 Part 1 (1939-1943) (19/12/12) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI