Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Attacking?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Attacking? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attacking? - 12/19/2013 3:16:38 AM   
groovecow

Hello all Distant Worlds players! I have a silly question, but it's kind of bugging me. Currently just learning to play, have noticed my ships will defend my home galaxy well, but any time I move them to my enemies they just sort of sit there looking Pretty, (I prefer vulnerable,)I've organized them into fleets, they do run out of fuel on the way to the enemies galaxies? I'm not to sure at this point? Any help? When I manually select a target, it will briefly say attack, (selected,) target, then it will go back to no mission.

Cheers! Sorry for the silly question, series is daunting, but loving it.
Post #: 1
RE: Attacking? - 12/19/2013 9:33:15 AM   
VorteeX

really strange. What version a game you have ?

And you declare war on you enemies in diplomacy right ? :)

(in reply to groovecow)
Post #: 2
RE: Attacking? - 12/21/2013 5:34:05 PM   
btd64

If your ships are retrofitting, They will not attack anything. What version do you have? The reason I ask is if you have version 12 or older, you could also have a resources issue with your refitting ships. If that is the case, up grade to the latest patch.
Cheers

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to VorteeX)
Post #: 3
RE: Attacking? - 12/22/2013 3:26:22 AM   
Spidey

A ship that is entirely out of fuel gets no power from its reactors. No reactor power means no guns, or at least that's been my experience. I tried much the same thing with a bunch of nifty destroyers that just sad there and allowed some rubbish pirate frigate to poke them halfway to death before I managed to get them to move to a nearby gas mine in the system.

Generally, it's a great idea to have combat ships with at least a range of 5-6 sectors. Anything less and they'll be constantly running dry, either during or right after missions. And it's not like they're doing your empire any good while they're flying to and from the nearest gas station.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 4
RE: Attacking? - 12/23/2013 2:03:06 AM   
groovecow

Hiya guys,

Sorry for the late reply, (I've been working a bit harder over Christmas!)Hmmm I do have the latest beta patch... so that may not be the issue...
Spidey, what you have described seems to be the case, which makes me happy that something like that was implemented!

So thank you for your answers, I feel like asking a bajillion questions, but am slowly coming to grips with the game!
Cheers!

(in reply to Spidey)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Attacking? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI