Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers*

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> After Action Report >> Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* - 10/19/2013 3:18:28 PM   
Plodder

I managed a decisive success after a very brutal fight. The soviets just kept coming, they only stopped after losing too many units. My lads claimed 165 tanks.

Attachment (1)

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Post #: 1
RE: Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* - 10/19/2013 3:39:11 PM   
Plodder

I split my task force into two battle groups, 2RTR and the Staffords swapping a Inf company and tank squadron each. I had 2 RTR hold the northern sector while the Staffs would hold the south. The units barely made it to their positions before getting into contact with the Soviets. Carnage ensued. One of my tank squadrons to the north was wiped out after causing some major damage but the infantry company in Emsburen held fast from repeated infantry and tank attacks, and even managed to take out a few tanks with their Milan missiles.

The road between Samern and Salzbergen was attacked by a motorised infantry battalion and supporting tanks but became a slaughterhouse as The Challengers and milans wiped them out. I thought I was in deep trouble as my northern flank had been turned and they were attacking again in the centre with more tanks but then the sudden death hit.

This is a great scenario, the soviets just keep coming in waves. It's not shown on the map above but another soviet tank battalion had been spotted trying to go around my southern flank as well. Hopefully when the new victory conditions are coded in I can re-visit this battle and see what would happen if it carried on. I reckon I'd probably get my arse kicked.

(in reply to Plodder)
Post #: 2
RE: Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* - 10/19/2013 4:10:05 PM   
Mad Russian

Yeah, that 'fighting on' may be a double edged sword!

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Plodder)
Post #: 3
RE: Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* - 2/5/2014 12:59:31 PM   
daferg

I was hoping you could answer a question I had. What occurred west of Salzbergen to cause all those red crosses? It is the area between the two forest. I can see a bunch of crater holes there but don't know if the Brit artillery did all that damage.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 4
RE: Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* - 2/5/2014 1:44:15 PM   
Plodder

My memory is a bit patchy on this one as it was 4 months ago I played this, and the saves are long deleted but I think it was a combination of arty and the brit units in the forests to the north and south.

(in reply to daferg)
Post #: 5
RE: Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* - 2/5/2014 3:58:31 PM   
daferg

Thank for the fast reply. I am playing this as the Warsaw Pact forces now and have not played as NATO. Either my attack in the south is going well or I'm walking into an ambush. I am gonna occupy the center and flank on the north and south. I was hoping for more artillery support for the Soviets but have some outstanding SU-24s working the approaches.

(in reply to Plodder)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> After Action Report >> Hell's Crossroad *Spoilers* Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI