Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie modding question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Newbie modding question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie modding question - 10/8/2014 7:30:51 PM   
poobah1

So was wondering if this is possible.

I like to start a normal scenario to test a theory. Then stop at a predetermined point that i think at a crucial stage. I would then "transform" the saved game to a new start point for a new scenario.

I have done with other games but I don't know if that can be done with WITE. Can saved games be loaded into the editor? Can They then be saved as new scenarios?

This may seem weird, but normally the saved game needs a bit of balancing or just to clean up some stuff.

Thanks in advance

PooBah
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie modding question - 10/8/2014 8:12:38 PM   
jwolf

Yes this is possible, at least in very general terms.  I don't know if you can do everything you want, but you can certainly take an in-progress save and start a new scenario with it.  For example, I was able to take a saved game from just before Axis auto victory in the campaign, and then edit it as a new one-year scenario so that I could continue as a "fight to the death" and destroy the Red Army completely.

(in reply to poobah1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Newbie modding question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI