Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/7/2014 2:17:21 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

I tend to prioritize capture of any independent race I find. The ones in open or my claimed territory show on the Expansion Planner. But what of those unclaimed independents in other empires space? Especially if a systems has 2-3 worlds of Race XX and one of the worlds becomes a Minor empire it becomes difficult, if not practically impossible, to go through every potential system for the open worlds.

Should there be a way to track independent worlds?
And, NO, I don't worry about the political ramifications of colonizing in their space via Trooper.
Post #: 1
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/7/2014 2:21:58 PM   
Bingeling

They should appear in the left side potential colony list, as reds, since they are in another empires territory.

A prime invasion target :)

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 2
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/7/2014 2:36:28 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Hmm never use the Left hand list, will check it out. But they definitely do not show anywhere on the planner at least.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/7/2014 2:42:33 PM   
Bingeling

The single independent in enemy territory shows in planner in the game I run right now, but that may be a slightly different version than you run.

It does not happen to be a low quality independent hidden by the "low quality filter"?

Post #: 4
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/7/2014 2:42:53 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

Hmm never use the Left hand list, will check it out. But they definitely do not show anywhere on the planner at least.

All 'open' independents show in the Expansion Planner, they do not show in the list if you lack the tech to colonize the type of world they are on.

Darkspire

Post #: 5
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/7/2014 10:03:37 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

All 'open' independents show in the Expansion Planner, they do not show in the list if you lack the tech to colonize the type of world they are on.

Darkspire

HMM??? Are we playing the same game? DW Shadows 1.9.0.13?
The game scenario that brought the above questions to mind I had an Ocean type home planet in a pre-warp start. I didn't even have the base Colonization tech. Yet the planner showed me the 2 Volcanic, 1 Ocean and 1 Continental based Independents that I soon invaded. 3 of those 4 were 'Red' in the list as they were outside the enforced 2 sector Colony range, yet were still shown on the tracker.
The planner did NOT show me the independent that was in the same system as a 1 planet Minor race.

Later once I finished research in Colonization tech, all the above world types were available as colonies with nothing more than the base tech.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 6
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/9/2014 11:53:20 AM   
Jeeves

quote:

I tend to prioritize capture of any independent race I find. The ones in open or my claimed territory show on the Expansion Planner. But what of those unclaimed independents in other empires space? Especially if a systems has 2-3 worlds of Race XX and one of the worlds becomes a Minor empire it becomes difficult, if not practically impossible, to go through every potential system for the open worlds.

And, NO, I don't worry about the political ramifications of colonizing in their space via Trooper.

Main Screen bottom right, click galaxy map button. In galaxy map screen select drop-down menu independent colonies...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Post #: 7
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/9/2014 12:31:52 PM   
Henzington

This is assuming you have the planet explored.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 8
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/9/2014 1:23:14 PM   
elanaagain

To track (meaning show location?) you can also go to the galaxy display and use the drop down list to display all systems containing independent planet/moons.

(in reply to Henzington)
Post #: 9
RE: Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority - 2/9/2014 1:42:00 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeeves

quote:

Main Screen bottom right, click galaxy map button. In galaxy map screen select drop-down menu independent colonies...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Thanks! Will check that out I under use those features.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Independents 'hidden' in other empires territority Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI