Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this... - 1/23/2017 8:51:16 AM   
maitrebongo

Module #1 : Cold war module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed by the assembly of boardgames Heroes of the Gap, Honneur et Patrie and A Ring of Hills published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.
These are the first versions of these games that served as the basis for the Mods I created but since the series has been completely redone and I encourage you to visit the Lock 'n Load Publishing website to see the progress made on the latest Versions named Lock 'n Load Tactical:

This is here.

I own some of them and sincerely it's worth it, if only for the pleasure of my eyes.

I always hope that Lock 'n Load Publishing will release professional digital versions of their games and that they will take the place of my modules which are a little tinkered (Look what they have done with Tank on Tank Digital : Look here - This is exactly what I dream about in terms of graphic quality.).

How to install this module:

Due to the limitations of the original program, this module must be considered as a new game in its own right.

1 - To install it properly, you need to make a copy of the original Heroes of Stalingrad installation folder that is located in the c:/Matrix Games folder.

2 - Then, you must delete all the files in the Maps folder of this new installation. (These are the original scenarios, they are no longer compatible with the new game.)

3 - Then you can extract all the files from the archive to the new installation folder by replacing all the files.

4 - You can now playing this new game by clicking on LockNLoad.exe in the new installation folder.

Module #2 : Heroes of the Pacific version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Heroes of the Pacific module published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.
This the first version of this games that served as the basis for the Mod I created but since the series has been completely redone and I encourage you to visit the Lock 'n Load Publishing website to see the progress made on the latest Version named Lock 'n Load Tactical:

This is here.

I own some of them and sincerely it's worth it, if only for the pleasure of my eyes.

I always hope that Lock 'n Load Publishing will release professional digital versions of their games and that they will take the place of my module which is a little tinkered (Look what they have done with Tank on Tank Digital : Look here - This is exactly what I dream about in terms of graphic quality.).

Due to the limitations of the original program, this module must be considered as a new game in its own right.

1 - To install it properly, you need to make a copy of the original Heroes of Stalingrad installation folder that is located in the c:/Matrix Games folder.

2 - Then, you must delete all the files in the Maps folder of this new installation. (These are the original scenarios, they are no longer compatible with the new game.)

3 - Then you can extract all the files from the archive to the new installation folder by replacing all the files.

4 - You can now playing this new game by clicking on LockNLoad.exe in the new installation folder.

Module #3 : Vietnam module version 1.1

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Forgotten Heroes of Vietnam, ANZAC Attack published by Lock 'n Load Publishing and French and Viet Mhin published by French magazin Vae Victis.
These are the first versions of these games that served as the basis for the Mods I created but since the series has been completely redone and I encourage you to visit the Lock 'n Load Publishing website to see the progress made on the latest Versions named Lock 'n Load Tactical:

This is here.

I always hope that Lock 'n Load Publishing will release professional digital versions of their games and that they will take the place of my modules which are a little tinkered (Look what they have done with Tank on Tank Digital : Look here - This is exactly what I dream about in terms of graphic quality.).

Attention New version 1.1 patch notes :

- Added 6 scenarios from original boardgame
- Added MapBoard 29, 30, 31, 32, 38 from Heroes of The Pacific
- Corrected right era cards pictures
- Corrected the bug of the wrong direction of french vehicles arrow

Module #4 : West Front Early War module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Heroes of the Blitzkrieg and In Defeat Defiance modules published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.

This is here.

Module #5 : West Front Late War module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Band of Heroes, Swift and Bold and Noville Bastogne Outpost modules published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.

This is here.

Module #7 : Cry Havoc module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

This is an adaptation of the well known boardgame Cry Havoc, with all the maps, all the counters and (for now) few scenarios (others comming very soon).

< Message edited by maitrebongo -- 3/10/2017 1:19:15 PM >

"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
Post #: 1
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/23/2017 9:14:34 AM   
maitrebongo

Hi,

Since the appearance of this game, my wish was to be able to play all the original modules of Lock'n load that I own with this game engine because of the difficulty of finding human opponents and the time to deploy all the material on my table.

So I created mods that allow me to do this and it works rather well (making some adaptations on the specificities of each module, of course).

It has been several years since this game is no longer really supported by its developers and I think they will never publish a sequel to this episode.

So I decided to post here the mods I made so that the whole community who still plays this game can enjoy it.

The modules I have realized are:

- Heroes of the Blitzkrieg

- In defeat Defiance

- Band of Heroes

- Swift and Bolt

- Noville Bastogne Outpost

- Heroes of the Pacific

- Forgotten Heroes Vietnam

- Heroes of the Gap

- Honneur et Patrie

- A Ring of Hill

It is distressing to note that with a little extra effort, the developers could have arrived at this result (and even much more)... Too bad.

I'm reorganizing the files that make up these modules and make them to fit for a clean installation.
In the coming weeks, I will post them at the top of this topic.

I hope there are still people playing this game.

< Message edited by maitrebongo -- 1/23/2017 9:19:01 AM >

(in reply to maitrebongo)
Post #: 2
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/23/2017 9:42:11 AM   
Cataphract88

Brilliant! That sounds great, I always loved this game.

Richard

Post #: 3
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/23/2017 2:39:28 PM   
budd

Wow, thx...... Really looking forward to this.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 4
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/23/2017 9:58:16 PM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Wow, thx...... Really looking forward to this.

So am I.

Richard

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 5
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/24/2017 8:12:15 AM   
maitrebongo

Some screens to wait while I clean up the files.

< Message edited by maitrebongo -- 2/12/2017 10:29:14 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/26/2017 9:28:03 AM   
maitrebongo

I posted the first module. It is now possible to download it.

Post #: 7
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/26/2017 2:15:26 PM   
budd

Just had time to download, install and open a scenario briefly. Your instructions were easy and spot on, seemed to work just fine. Hoping to get time this weekend to dig in more, thank you sir.

Post #: 8
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/26/2017 4:30:52 PM   
majandro

Great work!

Downloading for test.

Many Thanks

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 9
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/26/2017 5:55:14 PM   
Wolfe1759

Wow !!!

Great Work.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to majandro)
Post #: 10
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/26/2017 10:05:38 PM   
VPaulus

This should work with GME (Generic Mod Enabler):
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=27158

This way you don't need to delete the original game files.

(in reply to Wolfe1759)
Post #: 11
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/26/2017 10:29:00 PM   
Hailstone

Outstanding work! Makes me feel like a freeloader not being able to contribute but you have my respect.

Post #: 12
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/26/2017 11:57:00 PM   
Cataphract88

Thank you very much for making this available.

Richard

Post #: 13
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/27/2017 7:46:30 PM   
maitrebongo

I continue my work of reassembling the different mods.
This weekend, it's the turn of the module Heroes of the pacific.

The misfortune is that it is a real mess on my hard drive and I can no longer find the scenarios files for Heroes of the pacific.

Since I resold my Heroes of the pacific gamebox (I hardly ever could play it alone ...), I did not think to make photocopies of the scenarios...
If a charitable soul could scan and send them to me by PM, it would be very nice and then I could integrate them again in the mod.

< Message edited by maitrebongo -- 1/27/2017 7:52:17 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 2:03:40 AM   
giffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

This should work with GME (Generic Mod Enabler):
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=27158

This way you don't need to delete the original game files.

This is Amazing I love HOS and have been waiting for more content and now we have it!!

Can you explain how the folder structure will work if we use the GME vs. Deleting and adding the New Game. I would rather not delete my HOS folders.

thank you!!

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 15
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 2:41:46 AM   
budd

just make copy of the whole folder and delete map folder contents in the copied folder per instructions above then install and over write to the copied folder. then start via the exe in the copied folder, works like a charm. Im a big fan of jsme but with hopefully more scenarios coming youll just have to install anything new to copied folder. You dont delete anything from your original install.

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 16
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 3:29:08 AM   
giffin

quote:

just make copy of the whole folder and delete map folder contents in the copied folder per instructions above then install and over write to the copied folder. then start via the exe in the copied folder, works like a charm. Im a big fan of jsme but with hopefully more scenarios coming youll just have to install anything new to copied folder. You dont delete anything from your original install.

Hey Budd,

Thanks for the instructions. All seems to work but Counters dont show up on screen when I get ready to play. Did I copy something wrong?
Signed,
Dyslexic

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 17
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 3:37:19 AM   
budd

not sure, im not on my desktop to look at where my counters are. Since your working with a copy you try installing the mod and overwriting again. you could look in your original install of hos to see where the counters are located and check the same folder in your copy to see if the mod counters are in there. Did you install to the main hos copy folder? mine is named heroes of stalingrad- copy. do you see the new scenarios in the scenario list?

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 18
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 3:49:41 AM   
giffin

Yes I moved them to the "Art" Then "Counters" files and didnt work. I will try again tomorrow when my eyes can refocus. Thank for Help any way Budd!

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 19
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 4:08:03 AM   
budd

you shouldnt have to move anything. let me step by step this. 1. copy the main HOS folder. 2. paste the copy of the whole folder somewhere. 3. go into copied folder, then into the map folder and delete the contents of the map folder.4 unzip the mod file into the main HOS copied folder, say yes to overwriting files. at this point everything should be in place and you just need to double click on the game exe. in the copied hos folder. Your working on a copy so no worries about hurting anything. Im sure JSME will work, i havent looked at the file structure of the mod yet.

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 20
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 6:26:08 AM   
maitrebongo

Thank you very much **budd** for the support

It's true that it's a bit messy in organizing files.
I made a little too fast to be able to satisfy the request which seemed urgent and so that you can try all the mods (for the most impatient).

I used the method of copy/paste rather than JSME because I worked on the files of the mods and it is more practical like that by having the original files available in the same folder.

I will prepare a version of each mod that is compatible with JSME (and without unnecessary files) as well as a tutorial with screenshots so that everyone can install them easily.
Next week, surely ...

< Message edited by maitrebongo -- 1/28/2017 6:31:26 AM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 21
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 7:43:11 AM   
Cataphract88

That would be great! Much appreciated.

Richard

Post #: 22
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 8:02:27 AM   
fran52

quote:

I continue my work of reassembling the different mods.
This weekend, it's the turn of the module Heroes of the pacific.

Great, but what about the rules for the landing on the shore,the Japanes Banzai and so on?

Post #: 23
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 8:27:03 AM   
maitrebongo

I'm working on it...

It is necessary to deal with the limitations of the original program.
But I do not despair of finding a way to adapt the peculiarities of the different nations of Heroes of Stalingrad (like the for the motherland or the no one step back ones, for example) to regain all the flavor of Heros of the Pacific.

But we must remain lucid ; As long as we do not have access to the variables that are hidden in the engine of the game, any attempt to adapt will only be an approximation...
Personally, it suits me already very well and I really find the sensations of the games that I was doing with my boardgames (except that there I can play against an AI which is convincing enough for now).

Certainly, the developers of the original game could have done much better ... But they did not (and will certainly never, alas).
So it is up to us to take up the torch and try to push this game definitively to the best of what it can give.

Three years ago, when we discovered this game, we were all enthusiastic about the possibilities of development and modding that it offered.
I really believed at the time that there would be a sequel to this game and that DLCs were going out (and I would have been willing to buy them without any hesitation).
That's why I stopped my efforts to modding this game.
I waited... 3 years... And nothing happened.

It should be noted that NOW the solution to evolve this game will come only from the community, with its limitations and imperfections... But also with its tremendous capacity for reactivity and creativity.

Anyway, as today's fashion is to program the wargame with the UNITY engine, the future of modding will be reserved for people who will have skills in programming this kind of engine and subject to the will of the developers to openning programs for modding (these systems are very closed).

So if we want to create our own versions of a game we have to rely on programs that allow it (more or less); And this is the case with Heroes of Stalingrad ...

< Message edited by maitrebongo -- 1/28/2017 8:46:19 AM >

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 24
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 12:09:20 PM   
fran52

Anyway is a shame that this game is no more supported.I have done a mod with value for the AFV more close to ASL.I have value very close to ASL to be applied but after discovering a bug in the mud condition i have stopped any work waiting some patch.
The bug consists in the fact that confuses AFV armor value with mud movement value.

Good luck with your work,i'm interested to view the Pacific and Blitzkrieg.

< Message edited by acropora -- 1/28/2017 12:12:15 PM >

Post #: 25
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 12:21:54 PM   
budd

Got a chance to play scenario First Blood, played well i didnt notice any issues. One thing is in the scenario description it says French troops and the units on the map are French but when you pick sides your choices are Soviet and Romania? also in the victory screen the troops categories are Soviet and Romania.

I never owned or played the board game [that must of been fun] i do like the system so looking forward to anything you put out, thank you sir.

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 26
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 12:33:29 PM   
maitrebongo

quote:

ORIGINAL: acropora

Anyway is a shame that this game is no more supported.I have done a mod with value for the AFV more close to ASL.I have value very close to ASL to be applied but after discovering a bug in the mud condition i have stopped any work waiting some patch.
The bug consists in the fact that confuses AFV armor value with mud movement value.

I think we must give up all hope of seeing the developers change the game engine. We are left to ourselves and we will have to find solutions on our own.

My philosophy is: 'when you encounter a problem that nobody can fix, bypass it or do with it...'

quote:

...i'm interested to view the Pacific and Blitzkrieg.

I have many other projects in my drawers ...

Battle of Mosul

Afghanistan

Grozny

Crimea

Arnhem

Berlin 45

Afrika Korps

Israël/arabian wars

You can really do a lot of things with this game engine ...

Our mistake at the start (3 years ago) was to want to make it as an all in one game.
It is a real headache because of the limitation of the 8 separate nations for example.

I now think that it should be considered as separate modules (much like the original boardgames or Advanced Squad Leader): a module for each period or front.

< Message edited by maitrebongo -- 1/28/2017 1:07:00 PM >

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 27
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 2:24:56 PM   
fran52

quote:

I now think that it should be considered as separate modules (much like the original boardgames or Advanced Squad Leader): a module for each period or front.

This is right but the main problem,i repeat,are the special rules for each mod.

Post #: 28
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 3:13:05 PM   
maitrebongo

quote:

This is right but the main problem,i repeat,are the special rules for each mod.

We have no choice :

We adapt to what is hard-coded in the program,
If it does not work, we try to bypass it,
If not possible, we do with it ...

The result is still quite convincing.

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 29
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/28/2017 3:44:37 PM   
giffin

quote:

you shouldnt have to move anything. let me step by step this. 1. copy the main HOS folder. 2. paste the copy of the whole folder somewhere. 3. go into copied folder, then into the map folder and delete the contents of the map folder.4 unzip the mod file into the main HOS copied folder, say yes to overwriting files. at this point everything should be in place and you just need to double click on the game exe. in the copied hos folder. Your working on a copy so no worries about hurting anything. Im sure JSME will work, i havent looked at the file structure of the mod yet.

Hey Bud,

Finally got it after looking at your instructions step by step. Thank you! Game works great now no need to wait for Lock N Load Publishing to come out with HOS 2 Digital Version. That may never happen so lets enjoy these Modules.

Thank you again to Maitre for all his hard work and dedication to this Title I have been playing & enjoying for years!!

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI