Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This game is fantastic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> This game is fantastic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This game is fantastic - 3/4/2014 8:14:25 PM   
Squid

As a old time wargamer I really found a gap in my collection. I used to play a game called Red Lighting back on my amiga in the day and have been looking for a worth replacement ever since. Flashpoint Germany was a good game, but FPC is amazing. I really hope you guys manage to get the time and resources to expand this. My ideal would be some mid eighties campaigns, and perhaps some truly huge maps to allow further maneuvering?

A couple of questions;

Is there a setting to disable VP's changing colour when captured. It kind of spoils the FOW when I see one change to red, I know the enemy is there.

The nukes are awesome fun, are there any future plans to model fall out? As you know the plume should follow the wind direction and can be dozens of KM long.

My Rapiers cant seem to hit diddly. Are their any tips for their effective use? They seem a bit of a big green hope at the moment. I know they werent perfect but were they really this ineffective?

In any case thanks for a cracking game and congratulations of your achievement.
Post #: 1
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/4/2014 8:24:51 PM   
cbelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squid

As a old time wargamer I really found a gap in my collection. I used to play a game called Red Lighting back on my amiga in the day and have been looking for a worth replacement ever since. Flashpoint Germany was a good game, but FPC is amazing. I really hope you guys manage to get the time and resources to expand this. My ideal would be some mid eighties campaigns, and perhaps some truly huge maps to allow further maneuvering?

A couple of questions;

Is there a setting to disable VP's changing colour when captured. It kind of spoils the FOW when I see one change to red, I know the enemy is there.

The nukes are awesome fun, are there any future plans to model fall out? As you know the plume should follow the wind direction and can be dozens of KM long.

My Rapiers cant seem to hit diddly. Are their any tips for their effective use? They seem a bit of a big green hope at the moment. I know they werent perfect but were they really this ineffective?

In any case thanks for a cracking game and congratulations of your achievement.

Squid, thanks for your support and kind words. If Rob and Jim can pull off half of their plans for this game it is going to be terrific game.

You can turn the victory locations off in the in the pull down menus up top. Right now there is no way to keep them on and not see the color change.

I am an ex-chemical officer. It is not easy to model chemical and nuclear warfare in a game. We went to get the right feel. Right now, there is no wind in the game so fallout can't be adequately model. But if you think about it, it takes time for fallout to accumulate and by that time the scenario would be over. However, the scenario creator can create fallout zones (areas of radioactivity)on the map to simulate fallout.

Regarding your rapiers, what version of the program are you using?

< Message edited by cbelva -- 3/4/2014 9:25:53 PM >

(in reply to Squid)
Post #: 2
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/4/2014 9:54:18 PM   
Squid

Thanks Cbelva,

Im running 2.03. Depsite mainly playing as the brits, ive only managed a single kill with the rapier. It seems the enemy hinds are not bothered by them at at.

I appreciate the limitaions currently, and obviously WMDs can limit the playabilty of any scenario, but I guess it would be nice to have one day. I may be wrong but I think depending on the conditions, fallout could reach the ground within the timeframe of some missions.

In any case its no biggy. Just one thing though, am i right in currently thinking the AI wont employ WMDs at the moment? Is that something that is hoped to be addressed in further updates?

Cheers againj

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 3
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/4/2014 10:32:12 PM   
wodin

Thats jumping into the deep end..the Brits are the hardest nation to play!!

(in reply to Squid)
Post #: 4
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/4/2014 10:55:53 PM   
Squid

It seems so, I have to spend more time playing them to decide whether thats an accurate simulation, but who can resist the iconic Chieftain or Chally?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/5/2014 1:38:16 AM   
Mad Russian

Welcome to the insanity Squid. I see you're a PCO gamer as well. There are still some of those around. I played that game once or twice myself.

Those who can resist playing with Chieftains or Challengers are normally those playing with Abrams, Leo's or the T series tanks!

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Squid)
Post #: 6
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/5/2014 5:23:57 AM   
Templer_12

quote:

... It kind of spoils the FOW when I see one change to red, I know the enemy is there.

Not at all!

You get a radio massage or see it in the news that enemy forces captured area/city xy.

(in reply to Squid)
Post #: 7
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/5/2014 9:24:59 AM   
Squid

quote:

I see you're a PCO gamer as well.

Another great game, I still play it from time to time. FPC though has scratched an itch that has long needed scratching.

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 8
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/5/2014 9:41:19 AM   
MikeGER

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

quote:

... It kind of spoils the FOW when I see one change to red, I know the enemy is there.

Not at all!

You get a radio massage or see it in the news that enemy forces captured area/city xy.

jip, we had that discussed in the beta also ...and came to the conclusion:
for immersion purpose just remember the area is not empty, like Sadams Iraqi desert:

...there are refugees streaming west, who may can report obsure observations far on the other side of a river, and remaining civil government people - majors office, etc..., who make a phone call before the red spearhead peckers the local junction box on the corner with a 12.7mm burst, or even scattered police or firefighters on graveyard-shift, maybe civilians with CB, who place a last distress call over their according radios, which magically still got through all the electronic warfare interdiction's surly in place....
( i am talking about Time to Dance sceanrio )

< Message edited by MikeGER -- 3/5/2014 10:54:51 AM >

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 9
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/5/2014 1:22:37 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

quote:

I see you're a PCO gamer as well.

Another great game, I still play it from time to time. FPC though has scratched an itch that has long needed scratching.

If I ever help develop another game I'll let you know!

Hopefully, this series will take my time in the future.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Squid)
Post #: 10
RE: This game is fantastic - 3/5/2014 4:29:26 PM   
Templer_12

The game is great, but the people behind it are even more fantastic!
All the work for so much fun, for so many players, for so little profit. .

< Message edited by Templer -- 3/5/2014 8:17:05 PM >

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> This game is fantastic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI