Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forbidden systems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Forbidden systems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forbidden systems - 5/27/2014 8:35:31 AM   
neofit

Hi,

Right now I only have one system, but two explorers are on the way to exploring new star. I've just encountered some Ancients who told me to NEVER enter the Aatuin system. So:

* That's not very smart on their part. Since I don't know where it is, when my explorers finally finds it, i'll enter it anyway through no fault of my own. And what will happen, they'ss wipe me off the face of the galaxy?

* Is there a way to flag a system so no state nor private ships enter it? The Space Empires series had this feature IIRC.
Post #: 1
RE: Forbidden systems - 5/27/2014 11:01:07 AM   
Mad Igor

they said "don't build,colonize,no bust weaponized womans in our space"

< Message edited by Mad Igor -- 5/27/2014 12:03:48 PM >

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 2
RE: Forbidden systems - 5/27/2014 3:38:26 PM   
neofit

What?

quote:

We have encountered an advanced race of machines, called the Mechanoids, in the Sol system.

The Mechanoids are a very strange race - they exist as pure logic, living inside computer networks. They can project their presence on holographic displays or video screens.

They are assisted by small robots called Helpernoids, who build and maintain all of the machinery for the Mechanoid civilization.

This machine race describe themselves as guardians of the Aaitun system. They warn you not to enter this system - it is a forbidden zone.

The Mechanoids appear to be very unfriendly and unwelcoming - perhaps it would be wise to stay clear of them...

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 3
RE: Forbidden systems - 5/27/2014 3:45:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Neofit,

quote:

ORIGINAL: neofit
* That's not very smart on their part. Since I don't know where it is, when my explorers finally finds it, i'll enter it anyway through no fault of my own. And what will happen, they'ss wipe me off the face of the galaxy?

Often when you meet them you also discover part of their territory. If an explorer ship enters their territory, it will annoy them but they won't wipe you off the face of the galaxy just for that.

quote:

* Is there a way to flag a system so no state nor private ships enter it? The Space Empires series had this feature IIRC.

No, but the private sector will itself keep track of threats and try to avoid sending ships to systems that are very hostile or dangerous.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 4
RE: Forbidden systems - 5/27/2014 3:58:17 PM   
moonraker65

Generally you will find the Mechanoids a help rather than a hinderance. Only on 1 or 2 occasions did I actually annoy them enough for them to declare war throughout every version from the original to Shadows. If you go about your business even colonizing planets fairly close to them they are usually not a threat as such

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Forbidden systems - 5/28/2014 2:06:19 AM   
Azurian

Can you ever kill the Mechanoids or do they gradually keep getting more powerful over time?

(in reply to moonraker65)
Post #: 6
RE: Forbidden systems - 5/28/2014 3:30:47 AM   
Aeson

quote:

Can you ever kill the Mechanoids

Yes, although I do not feel it's worth the effort. They've never colonized anything in any game I've ever played, and a ground assault will probably be rather costly, unless you use a planet killer (in which case, what ground?) or bomb the planet into the stone age (not possible if they have a planetary shield, but I've never noticed if they put one up or not). Normal expansion and trade will get you just about any resource you could possibly want that they have in their territory without having to fight them, and as long as you keep a positive reputation they're pretty easy to keep happy.

quote:

do they gradually keep getting more powerful over time

To a degree. They never really expand, beyond constructing space stations all over the place, but they'll build up a reasonably powerful fleet and their army is fairly difficult to overcome if you try an invasion. Additionally, they start with an essentially maxed-out tech tree, so their early tech advantage can only decay as the game goes on (but since they don't colonize additional planets, that would be true regardless of how full their tech tree was at game start). They don't have any kind of special bonus that grows as the game goes on that I am aware of, however.

As a result of this, in the short term the Ancient Guardians will grow more powerful over time as they build up their fleets, but in the long term their relative power can only decline as other empires catch up in tech and surpass them economically, which means that the normal empires will eventually be able to maintain larger fleets of similarly-powerful ships.

(in reply to Azurian)
Post #: 7
RE: Forbidden systems - 5/28/2014 8:59:57 AM   
Draakon

They have Loros fruit though.

< Message edited by Draakon -- 5/29/2014 9:06:14 AM >

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Forbidden systems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI