Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/7/2014 11:47:52 AM   
Tyrador

Hello everyone! Does anybody know what are the best game settings for a guaranteed Shakturi appearance?

My settings:
- 10x10 galaxy
- 700 stars
- 9 races
- slowest research speed

Beacon of Shaktur in my games appear around year 2200, after investigating it nothing happens. Almost half of research tree has been researched by year 2260, still no Shakturi. Maybe I should increase research speed in settings? Thank you!

Post #: 1
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/7/2014 12:23:28 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

You need fast Research, the Shakturi only appears after all Races have a certain techlvl.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 2
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/7/2014 12:55:23 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flinkebeinchen

You need fast Research, the Shakturi only appears after all Races have a certain techlvl.

Which level? 2nd or 3rd?

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 3
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/8/2014 1:37:19 AM   
Icemania

The Shakturi are great but currently they are set to appear WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too late in the game.

Particularly on higher difficulties they should be appearing BEFORE we are remotely close to being ready for them.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 4
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/8/2014 12:05:03 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

Nobody except the Developer knows exactly which techlvl is necessary, only thing I know is that after a certain techlvl you can discover the "Shakturi Beacon" on any planet. After exploring it the Shakturi appear near the edge and settle down.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 5
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/8/2014 12:17:09 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

Nobody except the Developer knows exactly which techlvl is necessary, only thing I know is that after a certain techlvl you can discover the "Shakturi Beacon" on any planet. After exploring it the Shakturi appear near the edge and settle down.

Sadly they don't appear, regardless of me investigating Shakturi Beacon or not. Hopefully in next expansion devs will give modding opportunity on Shakturi.

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 6
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/8/2014 1:41:19 PM   
Icemania

Can you confirm the Refugees of Eruktah (i.e. the Shakturi reveal comes later) have not showed up Tyrador?

Maybe technology levels are still not high enough. Whatever the limit is ... I understand it's a lot higher than halfway.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 7
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/8/2014 3:22:53 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

Can you confirm the Refugees of Eruktah (i.e. the Shakturi reveal comes later) have not showed up Tyrador?

Maybe technology levels are still not high enough. Whatever the limit is ... I understand it's a lot higher than halfway.

Yes, they did not show up. Now my tech tree is 70% complete...still no Eruktah. That's really annoying. I'll start another game and increase research speed.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 8
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/8/2014 7:10:49 PM   
Spacecadet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tyrador

quote:

Sadly they don't appear, regardless of me investigating Shakturi Beacon or not. Hopefully in next expansion devs will give modding opportunity on Shakturi.

If you triggered the Beacon, they're around.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 9
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/9/2014 4:56:50 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

quote:

quote:

Not in my case. Where do they appear?

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 10
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/9/2014 8:19:02 PM   
Cauldyth

I would love to see a modification to the Shakturi's arrival, to make it a little more mysterious and a little less predictable. Suppose once you trigger the beacon, 3-5 refugee races show up, claiming to be fleeing the great Shakturi menace. All but one of those races is actually telling the truth, and the remaining one is the real Shakturi race, which only reveals itself later. Keep the player guessing for a while!

The game could even plant some hints as to which one is the real Shakturi, which the player could uncover by espionage, exploration, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 11
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/10/2014 2:44:35 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

I would love to see a modification to the Shakturi's arrival, to make it a little more mysterious and a little less predictable. Suppose once you trigger the beacon, 3-5 refugee races show up, claiming to be fleeing the great Shakturi menace. All but one of those races is actually telling the truth, and the remaining one is the real Shakturi race, which only reveals itself later. Keep the player guessing for a while!

The game could even plant some hints as to which one is the real Shakturi, which the player could uncover by espionage, exploration, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread.

Very good idea Cauldyth! Please post this in the Master Wishlist!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 12
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/10/2014 3:16:25 AM   
Cauldyth

Done!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 13
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/10/2014 11:03:33 AM   
Icemania

Agree again Cauldyth but they still need to come WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY earlier

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 14
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/10/2014 10:05:28 PM   
Spacecadet

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

quote:

quote:

Not in my case. Where do they appear?

Sometimes another Empire triggers the Beacon, so in that case you won't immediately see them.

They generally take up residence along the edge, but no always.

Have you explored the entire Galaxy?

If you don't see them, I'd like to see a Save game of that.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 15
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/11/2014 8:39:52 AM   
Jim D Burns

I may be off but I seem to recall from past forum posts long ago that tech needs to be 4+ (for all races) and a certain high percentage of continental planets need to be inhabited. Don’t quote me on this as the older I get the less accurate my memory gets lol.

Jim

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 16
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/11/2014 1:46:29 PM   
Spacecadet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

I may be off but I seem to recall from past forum posts long ago that tech needs to be 4+ (for all races) and a certain high percentage of continental planets need to be inhabited. Don’t quote me on this as the older I get the less accurate my memory gets lol.

Jim

I think there are different ways to reach the appearance of the Beacon, overall Galaxy Tech level, Galaxy colonization, or a combination of the two.

Might be another as well, but these are just determinates of the Beacon of Shaktur showing up.

You can actually have the Beacon sitting in a game indefinitely and nothing will happen.
It's only when you or another Empire actually explore the Beacon that things kick into gear.

Seeing the Beacon just means things are ready, it has to be triggered by investigating it.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 17
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/11/2014 2:25:56 PM   
Icemania

All, to narrow this down a bit, when the Shakturi first appear in your games, could I suggest recording in this thread the settings and galaxy status at the time?

Or better yet some clarity from Elliott ...

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 18
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/13/2014 8:27:05 PM   
ASHBERY76

You have most likely missed a Beacon or you need only 1 tech line at level 5 or 6.

I think they arrive at the good time.The ancients save your ass.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 3/13/2014 9:27:59 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 19
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/14/2014 1:15:21 PM   
elanaagain

@ You have most likely missed a Beacon or you need only 1 tech line at level 5 or 6.
I think they arrive at the good time.The ancients save your ass.
< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 3/13/2014 9:27:59 PM >

what if you have conquered the ancients?

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 20
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/14/2014 1:56:25 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

or you need only 1 tech line at level 5 or 6.

Could you confirm this Ashbery76 based on your experience?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "tech line" but this maybe the problem. I research select technologies to the end of their research trees (researching in lines makes no strategic sense). I won't have a "line" (e.g. every technology in High Tech in 5+) until vastly later in the game.

A better criteria would be average technology level. And if it's average technology level that is used it needs to be vastly reduced at least on higher difficulties because even when the Shakturi arrive they are a joke.

In my current game it's 20 years beyond the point at which my empire is 5x bigger than the next largest empire and I'm bored out of my mind waiting for the Shakturi to arrive.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 3/14/2014 2:59:25 PM >

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 21
RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) - 3/14/2014 2:35:42 PM   
Phier

I've got the same problem in my game, I'm steamrolling everyone and waiting.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI