Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No suppression from near-by kills

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No suppression from near-by kills Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No suppression from near-by kills - 3/15/2001 9:54:00 AM   
Pack Rat

How long has this been gone for? I guess I'm not very observant. Part of the reason I pick some targets I do is for the suppression I thought it was causing to units near by. It used to be if you killed a unit the ones that belonged to that group took suppression. No more. Would seem like if you have a tank brew up next to you it would bother you just a bit.

PR
Post #: 1
- 3/15/2001 12:24:00 PM   
murx

Question is if the bystanders notice the fellow soldier/tank blowing up in the heat of their own firefight. (aybe their orale even rises because it wasn't them :mad: ) At least if it belongs to the own platoon it should have effect ... at least with C&C on killing the 0 unit has a severe effect. I read in some official! military handbook from the German army that statistically (deduced from experiences in WWI & WWII and several other wars) losses up to 10% even bolster the morale of a fighting unit ! ("Oh my ***, they killed Kenny ! Bastards - kill them !!!") murx

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
- 3/15/2001 12:49:00 PM   
Pack Rat

quote:

Originally posted by murx: ("Oh my ***, they killed Kenny ! Bastards - kill them !!!") murx
ROFLMAO My new battle cry "You killed Kenny" Kind of sounds like one of the manuals written by the person that never actually did what he was writing about. ;)

PR

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 3
- 3/15/2001 11:59:00 PM   
JTGEN

I agree Maybe it should not be like in the SP2 where the enemy fled when you shot up half of them but there is some truth in there. I'd be ****ting in my pants on a tank when the neigbouring tanks get blasted to the next dimension. It would most sertainly affect my combat capability. And therefore they should get suppression at least in the neighbouring hexes.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 4
- 3/16/2001 12:14:00 AM   
Larry Holt

I rwemember in SPII I would shoot up Soviet BMPs with my 105mm equipped M1s since I could not penetrate the T80's frontal arc at long range. The T80s would then all rout and run away. That was carrying this issue too far but I agree that some supression may occur from nearby kills. I think that this should be a check thing (did you see the kill, does it make you more afraid or cause you to fight harder) & should be less likely to occur for elite troops.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 5
- 3/16/2001 7:16:00 PM   
murx

Additionally one should remember : Tanks that are destroyed aren't always soldering wrecks. Someties only a whole 2cm in diameter :) I guess it's hard to spot. But sure after a few minutes the platoon (or it'last tank ) will notice the losses. So getting this 'suppression from kills' done right will probably very hard in game term. Additionally it would be hard to track the suppression from units which got killed out of sight AND out of contact. How does the rest of the unit know if they are MIA or KIA ?? murx

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No suppression from near-by kills Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI