Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Space Port issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Space Port issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 12:02:06 AM   
Numdydar

Started a game and built my first SP. Pirates showed up and damaged 12 components. It will not repair. I sent a Constructor and no menu would come up to repair. So I scrapped it.

Started a new SP and nothing happens. I look at my resource pool to see if I am missing anything and as far as I can tell I'm not. It would be REALLY nice if you were trying to build something and did not have the resources you needed, the game would highlight it somewhere. But nooooo.

So any suggestions on

a) how to figure out why it is not being built or the other one repaired
b) how to tell what resources you are short of
Post #: 1
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 12:10:17 AM   
pycco

it will repair automatically, depending on what parts are damaged it takes some time.
expansion planner show lots of information about resources and can be sorted a variety of ways, to see the stores of resources the colony screen.

PAY THE PIRATES also don't go to big with starting designs.

< Message edited by pycco -- 5/28/2014 1:20:44 AM >

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 2
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 12:14:02 AM   
Numdydar

Yes I know about the planner. And I tried sorting under unfilled and could not see anything that told me I was short of any resources.

So what you are saying is that the SP SHOULD have automatically repaired but since it did not, I assume I was short some kind of resource correct? So explain is simple 'See Jane run' terms HOW I can use the planner to determine what exact resource I could be short of?

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 3
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 12:18:22 AM   
pycco

by sorting the EP(expansion planner) by unfilled resources. should show you if you are out of said resources, when designing a anything it will tell you if you don't have the needed resources.
what i was saying about the SP is have patience this is not a game that can be rushed.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 4
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:13:11 AM   
FireStarterXoX69

I would probably just look at the SP's cargo directly. The table shows you what resources you have and the amount. The column next to it will show you something like the amount of the said resources that are "locked" because they're being used for something like... let's say rebuilding a destroyed component. If the number on the right is higher than the number on the left you NEED those resources. If you are not getting these resources then it could be a number of factors. If you're short on freighters then maybe take a look at the private sector. Can they even afford the ships? If not, try to bootstrap your economy a little.

If I'm way off then I might have misunderstood completely what's going on here and let me know. Good luck mate.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 5
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:14:06 AM   
Numdydar

I did give it time, like 4 years of game time. So it was a resource issue not a time issue.

But again I cannot see in the planner what resource is the issue.

I know you are trying to help, but I have played the previous versions quite a bit. So I do have some idea of what I am doing.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 6
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:23:21 AM   
pycco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

I did give it time, like 4 years of game time. So it was a resource issue not a time issue.

But again I cannot see in the planner what resource is the issue.

I know you are trying to help, but I have played the previous versions quite a bit. So I do have some idea of what I am doing.

ok, thought you were totally new sorry m8, then yes its a resource. in the planner it says 0 under in transit,reserved,unfilled? if so its your planet rebelling? only things i can think of that would cause this. if its not one of these please post a save i will try to help figure it out with you.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 7
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:30:35 AM   
Numdydar

Here is the SP and the cargo has

Attachment (1)

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 8
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:32:31 AM   
Numdydar

Here is the Planner sorted on Unfilled. These are all it says that my Empire needs correct? All the ones higher say 0 which I would take to mean that I either have 0 requests for those or do not need them.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 9
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:37:04 AM   
Numdydar

And as requested here is the save game

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzuir22lzm9wb13/Autosave4.dwg

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 10
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:42:15 AM   
pycco

ya its defiantly a resource, could be a few. see how it says all the resources are reserved, that's the problem i think. try canceling some things being built. could also be lack of freighters, you said your space port is down right? do you have mines up?
ok i will look at save few minutes and ill be back.

< Message edited by pycco -- 5/28/2014 2:44:44 AM >

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 11
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:50:00 AM   
FireStarterXoX69

Well, from that screenshot he is fine. The amount of resources reserved isn't more than what he currently has in cargo.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 12
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 1:57:24 AM   
pycco

quote:

ORIGINAL: FireStarterXoX69

Well, from that screenshot he is fine. The amount of resources reserved isn't more than what he currently has in cargo.

can it reserve more than he has?

cant load save this is DW:U correct, what mods are you using. did not think the graphics mod would effect this.

(in reply to FireStarterXoX69)
Post #: 13
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 2:08:28 AM   
FireStarterXoX69

I've had many situations where my reserved is like 2x more than the amt on hand. I was gonna try to load the game and help him out as well, but I don't have the same mods. I'm thinking there's something we're overlooking and someone will come on here within the next few hours and let us know and we'll feel like idiots :P

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 14
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 2:09:40 AM   
pycco

quote:

ORIGINAL: FireStarterXoX69

I've had many situations where my reserved is like 2x more than the amt on hand. I was gonna try to load the game and help him out as well, but I don't have the same mods. I'm thinking there's something we're overlooking and someone will come on here within the next few hours and let us know and we'll feel like idiots :P

lol most likely, and ouch i play carefully to avoid that.

(in reply to FireStarterXoX69)
Post #: 15
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 4:02:55 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

Started a game and built my first SP. Pirates showed up and damaged 12 components. It will not repair. I sent a Constructor and no menu would come up to repair. So I scrapped it.

Constructors will not repair SP's. The colony they are in obit of will repair them. You may have a backlog on the colony? Have you checked the construction queue for the colony? Another factor is that it may be waiting for resources, are you on auto retrofit? that will cause a problem if the SP is / was being upgraded and it got damaged.

quote:

Started a new SP and nothing happens. I look at my resource pool to see if I am missing anything and as far as I can tell I'm not. It would be REALLY nice if you were trying to build something and did not have the resources you needed, the game would highlight it somewhere. But nooooo.

One of the main problems when this happens is that a base has had a design upgrade, like lasers, and you do not have the resources to cover the new design. Universe has had some serious upgrades on how freighters work, still not perfect but they are much, much better than they were, they will find and supply the missing resources, might take time though.
The other thing to try is to contact the pirates and get a smuggling contract underway, if you are 100% sure of what you are missing ask them to deliver the missing resource, if you are not sure then ask them to deliver anything your missing with an all resources contract.

quote:

So any suggestions on

a) how to figure out why it is not being built or the other one repaired
b) how to tell what resources you are short of

a) See my first response.
b) The expansion planner will detail what you are short of, also might be worth checking the SP design screen, that will also list what resources you are missing for the build.

Darkspire

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 16
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 4:58:11 AM   
pycco

again thank you so much

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 17
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 5:04:12 AM   
Bingeling

There is a real possibility that it is not repairing due to a bug. I had that happen before (a long time ago), reported it, and I can't remember if there was any indication of a fix being made.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 18
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 5:45:58 AM   
Breet

What's the colony doing/building? I think SP will only auto repair if you have the repair module researched, otherwise it's repaird from colony (unless it's one of those random starbase/ports that are abandoned, then a constructor can repair.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 19
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 5:50:05 AM   
Numdydar

Sorry forgot to mention I am using the Universe Extended mod. But since it is just new races and graphic mods that should not cause an issue.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3616942

DarkSpire,

I had refitting on manual with no luck and then changed it to auto and still no luck. Also the SP has been like this since just a few months into the game. So there was definitely no much else being built at the time. Also I did not try retrofitting until 4 years had passed with No repair.

Again, I still cannot see from any screens what resource is stopping the repair. One of my damaged component's is a small cargo bay that needs steel and polymer to repair. I have 129 units of polymer and 423 of steel in the cargo bay of the SP. So why the $%^%$ was this not repaired YEARS ago. And is still not repairing? I sure hope it is a bug because I sure can't figure out why it will not repair.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 20
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 6:04:47 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

Sorry forgot to mention I am using the Universe Extended mod. But since it is just new races and graphic mods that should not cause an issue.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3616942

DarkSpire,

I had refitting on manual with no luck and then changed it to auto and still no luck. Also the SP has been like this since just a few months into the game. So there was definitely no much else being built at the time. Also I did not try retrofitting until 4 years had passed with No repair.

Again, I still cannot see from any screens what resource is stopping the repair. One of my damaged component's is a small cargo bay that needs steel and polymer to repair. I have 129 units of polymer and 423 of steel in the cargo bay of the SP. So why the $%^%$ was this not repaired YEARS ago. And is still not repairing? I sure hope it is a bug because I sure can't figure out why it will not repair.

Make sure you outline what theme you are using, make a save and post this problem on tech support, it does sound like something is not quite right.

Darkspire

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 21
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 9:44:03 AM   
Breet

Have you checked the planet itself? The colony is what does construction for orbital bases (starport, defence base, research around colony planets).

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 22
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 2:45:04 PM   
Numdydar

If the base with the damaged component has the materials needed for repair why would the planet need them too?

Dark,
Good idea, I will do that when I get a chance.

(in reply to Breet)
Post #: 23
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 2:55:48 PM   
stormbringer3

When you need a resource is there an easy way to find it on the map? So far I've been clicking on planets etc. to see what they have.
Thanks for any info.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 24
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 3:37:48 PM   
Aeson

quote:

When you need a resource is there an easy way to find it on the map?

The expansion planner, which is one of the buttons in the upper central portion of the screen, can give you a list of planets containing a specific resource (change the first filter from 'potential colonies' to 'resources by galaxy priority', 'resources by empire priority', or 'own empire resource locations', and use the second filter to select the resource you want - if you don't select a specific resource, all known resource locations will be displayed).

Alternatively, if you open the galaxy map (one of the buttons around the minimap), you'll be able to highlight certain things on the map. If you change the primary map filter to 'resources' and select a specific resource in the secondary filter, all known sources of that resource will be highlighted in yellow on the galaxy map. You can click on the yellow dot to select the resource location.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 25
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 3:55:19 PM   
stormbringer3

Aeson, thanks.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 26
RE: Space Port issues - 5/28/2014 9:31:11 PM   
Breet

quote:

If the base with the damaged component has the materials needed for repair why would the planet need them too?

Dark,
Good idea, I will do that when I get a chance.

Because I'm fairly sure it's like retrofitting, it's the colony that does it, not he spaceport itself.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 27
RE: Space Port issues - 5/30/2014 12:57:53 AM   
Numdydar

Well the planet itself that has the SP around it has 43 Steel and 16 polymer in its cargo screen and the SP will not repair. So between the planet and the SP there seems to be plenty of the needed resources on hand regardless of where the program needs to pull them from. Any other thoughts?

(in reply to Breet)
Post #: 28
RE: Space Port issues - 5/30/2014 1:05:42 AM   
pycco

scrap the SP and make a new one save first of course, this will tell you for sure if it is an retrofit issue or resource issue.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 29
RE: Space Port issues - 5/30/2014 2:09:13 AM   
necaradan666

You can get an exact resource summary for spaceport construction by checking it in the design screen it will also show warnings if your empire lacks sources

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Space Port issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI