Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Construction ships and research stations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Construction ships and research stations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Construction ships and research stations - 5/29/2014 2:12:40 PM   
neofit

Is there a trick to make Construction Ships build less Research Stations yet keep them on auto? OK, I am currently 40K below my limit, but that doesn't mean I want a new 0K/120K/0K station and completely skew my research effort distribution?

I have found something that looks like it in the Empire Policies screen. In the 'Research and Design' paragraph, the first field is called 'Research Priority'. What priority is this? The priority for the Construction Ships, or something else? I don't want to put 'Low' in there then see my research go down for an unknown reason. I really have no idea what this setting is there for.
Post #: 1
RE: Construction ships and research stations - 5/29/2014 2:19:33 PM   
Bingeling

I'd guess that is construction priority on research stations. I don't know that it is, though, but what else?

Apart from building research stations, the only other possible priority is the research branch in the high tech research section, and the weight on that.

If cash is relaxed, you can always build research stations at your colonies manually to balance research. Select colony, ctrl-right click, select your structure. It is added to the colony build queue. If you discover you have one too many, scrap a colony one.

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Construction ships and research stations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI