Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 3:02:53 PM   
Gerry Edwards

Hello Everyone,

Distant Worlds 1.9.5.2 Beta Update is now available for testing. You may download it from Here.

This build has the following changes from 1.9.5.1:

CRASH FIXES
- fixed crash when drawing space monsters ("CheckFixNotInSystem")
- fixed rare crash when drawing ships
- fixed rare crash when drawing Empire Navigation Tool

BUG FIXES
- added *possible* fix for issue where view sometimes moves to top-left
- fixed issue where Steam Achievements were often being set prematurely
- fixed AI empires starting and then quickly ending Trade Sanctions - now always honor minimum time period
- fixed RepairBot components being downgraded to Damage Control by AI ship design
- fixed problems when loading and displaying research information when Windows set to some non-English languages (e.g. Turkish)
- ensured that pirate factions are generated at start of a new game when using an existing galaxy map
- slightly increased size of Tutorial screen to account for larger text

GENERAL GAME BALANCE
- adjusted default ship design templates for each race: Large Spaceports have more docking bays and construction yards, Mining Stations have more docking bays, shields and weapons
- low colony tax rates do not increase population growth rates as much as previously, but now make colony more attractive migration destination
- civilian ships now ensure they have enough reactors to power hyperdrives at full speed (same as state ships already did)
- Fighters now weighted higher when evaluating strength of potential attack targets
- AI now willing to build more military ships when at war, especially when have large cash reserves and powerful enemies
- AI now more willing to build more research stations at home colony at game start
- AI takes more care to avoid overspending on troops

EXPLORATION
- Exploration ships now scan for resources more quickly, moving on to next exploration target immediately once resources and ruins investigated
- increased amount of automated Exploration ships that are assigned to simply scout systems for colonization targets and ruins instead of performing full resource scan of system and all resources

FLEETS
- AI fleets are now better at coordinating multi-fleet attacks within own empire against single enemy target (beyond just coordinated fleet attacks with allies)
- increased ratio of AI-created large fleets versus small strike forces (i.e. more large fleets)

OTHER
- now force immediate update of stardate and cash display when open a new screen, e.g. Empire Summary screen
- possession of an operational planet destroyer negatively affects diplomatic relations with other empires ("We are envious of your huge strength and power")

< Message edited by Gerry Edwards -- 6/4/2014 4:03:59 PM >

Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 6:12:45 PM   
moonraker65

Any news on the design screen problem ?

(in reply to Gerry Edwards)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 6:59:25 PM   
pycco

getting a crash before the game loads, was working with the pre beta no mods
Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.2

12:02:24 PM Wednesday, June 04, 2014

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.GraphicsHelper.ScaleLimitImage(Bitmap image, Int32 maxWidth, Int32 maxHeight, Single alpha)
at DistantWorlds.Types.HabitatImageCache.LoadImagesSmall()
at DistantWorlds.Types.HabitatImageCache.Initialize(String applicationStartupPath, String customizationSetName, Boolean initialLoad)
at DistantWorlds.Main.NNqVInGxHXHHXkkbjEC(Object , Object , Object , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main.DMChIXwsC7()
at DistantWorlds.Main.tNuokxXTmC(Int32 , Int32 , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean windowedMode, Splash splashForm)
at DistantWorlds.Start.daQ110dh1G(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at mWTvZryQhWqyWeuikG.RQoi279JvO8atqUXw4.OqlqWwc5l3DTRHgG51NN(Object )
at mWTvZryQhWqyWeuikG.RQoi279JvO8atqUXw4.p5EEoKnH3mn()

--- COMPLETE ---

< Message edited by pycco -- 6/4/2014 8:09:49 PM >

(in reply to moonraker65)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 8:01:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

Not seeing that here - is this with a new game or when loading an older save file?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 9:01:23 PM   
Cadune

Diplomacy screen is blank where there used to be a summary. Anyone else getting this with the beta?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 9:01:30 PM   
pycco

was when trying to launch game.
going to uninstall and re install see if that fixes it.
yup that fixed it.

< Message edited by pycco -- 6/4/2014 10:51:49 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 9:26:17 PM   
StarLab

I've got both Matrix and Steam versions patched to .2 and not seeing the above problems on either install. All good here..

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 9:37:08 PM   
mllange

How did you get Steam to patch up to the .2 version? I opted for the beta but the game didn't appear to update.

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/4/2014 10:03:28 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: nim8or

How did you get Steam to patch up to the .2 version? I opted for the beta but the game didn't appear to update.

Yup, it started the update right after closing the properties tab. only 12MB so it's pretty quick...

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to mllange)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 12:40:08 AM   
warzer

so far with my short testing bit of 4hrs or so no crash even using my 1951 save. Since I am prone to crashes this seems improved will take a few days to make sure.

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 1:01:51 AM   
davidofga

Getting a crash as game loads a 1.9.5.1 save, distant worlds extended mod. Allowed me to start a new game with no problem, using same mod.

(in reply to warzer)
Post #: 11
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 3:09:11 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Crashes on my system only occurred when I tried to mix mods in one folder; had to do with the different graphics of the planets, but... most crashes described at various forum posts simply occurred of obsolete video card drivers. Despite only having 4GB RAM and a HD6500 Radeon 2GB video card the system runs more than OK, even a huge galaxy and a test of the ancient galaxy with the whole map being covered.

So far, 1.9.5.2 Beta runs like ace. Can't wait for the Tech-Tree Mods to be up an running to spice the game up. Perhaps the devs are already working on a better AI? :)

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to davidofga)
Post #: 12
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 3:27:05 AM   
Hannable

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidofga

Getting a crash as game loads a 1.9.5.1 save, distant worlds extended mod. Allowed me to start a new game with no problem, using same mod.

Ditto ...

I suppose it's not really worth the time to make sure 1.9.5.1 saved games work though unless it's a super easy fix.

(in reply to davidofga)
Post #: 13
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 4:52:36 AM   
hyme

What is the steam beta code for the patch?

(in reply to Hannable)
Post #: 14
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 6:24:33 AM   
Falokis

AI still down grading repair bots to damage control :(

Post #: 15
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 1:18:47 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falokis

Yeah I am seeing this.

(in reply to Falokis)
Post #: 16
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 1:25:50 PM   
warzer

on the topic of the ship designer, my starburner (first level of it) keeps getting replaced by acceleros engines that are technically higher in the tech tree but quite worse for speed/thrust than the starburner.

< Message edited by warzer -- 6/5/2014 2:26:19 PM >

(in reply to Falokis)
Post #: 17
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 2:46:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Is this in a new 1.9.5.2 game or a loaded save from 1.9.5.1?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Falokis)
Post #: 18
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 3:40:29 PM   
Falokis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Is this in a new 1.9.5.2 game or a loaded save from 1.9.5.1?
Old save (5.1), then a new game started in tech level 7 (5.2), then a new game (5.2) started from scratch. Same result on all. The patch was from steam beta. Should I try direct download from here? I'll do another if you need.

< Message edited by Falokis -- 6/5/2014 4:43:23 PM >

Post #: 19
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 3:41:18 PM   
AstroCat

Something we have noticed is that images now will not resize properly when modded. You used to be able to have different file sizes and they would scale appropriately. This feature is now missing, is this a bug in the current version?

We talk about this in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3211317&mpage=7&key=

< Message edited by AstroCat -- 6/5/2014 4:41:38 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 3:41:52 PM   
Hannable

Ever since the beta patch, alt-tab doesn't work. I can no longer get any other windows, including the desktop, to appear over the game and interact with it. Sometimes the window you want shows up over the game, but when you try to interact with it, the game reasserts itself so I can't even drag newly opened windows to my second monitor. Hopefully this gets fixed soon ... it's a pain to have to exit out of the game just to tweak my computer's sound settings or something.

Also, with the colony names, my list is acting weird. The game will only name every other colony as if it is detecting a blank space where the commas are. It doesn't seem to matter if a list the names in column form or as one continuous line. Thus I have to manually name every other colony. The game doesn't skip names, it just leaves the colony name blank. So, the first colony will be named, the second will not be, and the third will be. But the third colony will use the second name on the list.

I'm going to post my names list and see if anyone else is having this problem or if someone can spot a problem on my list of names.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 21
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 4:48:00 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hannable

Ever since the beta patch, alt-tab doesn't work. I can no longer get any other windows, including the desktop, to appear over the game and interact with it. Sometimes the window you want shows up over the game, but when you try to interact with it, the game reasserts itself so I can't even drag newly opened windows to my second monitor. Hopefully this gets fixed soon ... it's a pain to have to exit out of the game just to tweak my computer's sound settings or something.

Also, with the colony names, my list is acting weird. The game will only name every other colony as if it is detecting a blank space where the commas are. It doesn't seem to matter if a list the names in column form or as one continuous line. Thus I have to manually name every other colony. The game doesn't skip names, it just leaves the colony name blank. So, the first colony will be named, the second will not be, and the third will be. But the third colony will use the second name on the list.

I'm going to post my names list and see if anyone else is having this problem or if someone can spot a problem on my list of names.

Alt-Tab works here. The problem occurred when you added the modified colony name txt? In most cases, and speaking from experience in various TechSup roles, the graphics driver seems to be the culprit; what about .NET .XNA version, what's the OS?

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Hannable)
Post #: 22
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 5:26:24 PM   
dejagore

quote:

- low colony tax rates do not increase population growth rates as much as previously, but now make colony more attractive migration destination

This is great balance patch! The whole tax reduction thing for accelerating population growth was kind of overpowered.

Post #: 23
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 5:53:24 PM   
Hannable

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hannable

Alt-Tab works here. The problem occurred when you added the modified colony name txt? In most cases, and speaking from experience in various TechSup roles, the graphics driver seems to be the culprit; what about .NET .XNA version, what's the OS?

Klink, Oberst

Ah, no, the colony names list is a separate issue I'm having and has nothing to do with the alt-tab issue.

I just installed a new GPU driver less than a week ago. But alt-tab was working before the patch. Now it's behaving erratically and I can't get a window to stay as my main focus. I'm running Win 7 64. Not sure what version my .NET and .XNA is, but I just let the game install all of those things even though I know I had them. Figured if there was a newer version, Universe would have it.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 24
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 7:31:38 PM   
ldog

quote:

ORIGINAL: warzer

on the topic of the ship designer, my starburner (first level of it) keeps getting replaced by acceleros engines that are technically higher in the tech tree but quite worse for speed/thrust than the starburner.

This has always been a major annoyance (which keeps me from letting the AI handle upgrades). The worst is the combat targetting and countermeasures when you have raptor and shadowghost.

Could some way be added to either fool the system into considering racial techs to be 1 level higher or make it so they can be on the higher tier and still have the lower cost? (considering colonization techs work similarly I don't understand why this is still an issue)

(in reply to warzer)
Post #: 25
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 10:40:40 PM   
Tampa_Gamer

Thanks again for another quick patch! I just want to refresh my request to please list any external data files modified as a result of the patch. It does not have to be in an depth explanation of the changes to each file, just listing the affected files would help cut down on tons of collective wasted time and allow modders and mod users to quickly know if a patch potentially breaks a mod.
Thanks

< Message edited by Tampa_Gamer -- 6/5/2014 11:41:32 PM >

For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

(in reply to ldog)
Post #: 26
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/5/2014 11:54:21 PM   
solops

Please give us a separate PNG image dedicated to defense bases.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Tampa_Gamer)
Post #: 27
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/6/2014 12:17:12 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: AstroCat
Something we have noticed is that images now will not resize properly when modded. You used to be able to have different file sizes and they would scale appropriately. This feature is now missing, is this a bug in the current version?

We talk about this in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3211317&mpage=7&key=

Image size for planets should not matter - you can use any size, though don't go too big :)

In-game the planets and moons will be scaled to the appropriate size when drawn. The shadow overlay is also scaled when added over top of the planets, with a small allowance for a thin atmosphere, i.e. the shadow will be slightly smaller than the planet, the difference is around 0.67% smaller, thus a planet drawn 300 pixels wide will have a shadow overlay 298 pixels wide.

By the way, no changes to this area since probably Legends...

1.9.5.1 did force Windows DPI scaling to be turned off, that's the only thing that could possibly impact this.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to AstroCat)
Post #: 28
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/6/2014 7:41:30 AM   
necaradan666

I've been trying the Star Trek Universe mod which uses planets from HD environment mod, some of these planets are not looking good either I've seen the same dark ring around them as the recent screenshot in the GEM thread. One moon came out as a square, that one is a 3000x3000 image or so though.

< Message edited by necaradan666 -- 6/6/2014 8:46:50 AM >

Post #: 29
RE: 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing - 6/6/2014 8:38:58 AM   
Locarnus

The autodesign seems to always prefer damage control units instead of repair bots on newly designed vessels.

(in reply to necaradan666)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.2 Beta Update available for testing Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI