Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

People ... There is a certain core group at Matrix games . com

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> People ... There is a certain core group at Matrix games . com Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
People ... There is a certain core group at Matrix game... - 3/17/2001 5:49:00 AM   
MindSpy

MINDSPY You now how it is sometimes, when someone does that something for you, no need to ask, no need to even think it, no need to even consider that it could occur. Well today it occurred, that special thing that someone does that just takes you by surprise, that comes up out of nowhere and sits there gleaming in your eye. You know how it is? There is a certain group at matrix Games . com that is continually there. A certain core group that no matter how many times a thread may have come up as new faces emerge or how many times the same criticism has been leveled or even how many times the same thank yous are posted. There is always that core group there that is just outstanding in it's performance. People. People like Rick Cloutier who out of the blue completely unsolicited just send you a rules file of the entire game ... straight to you mailbox (I'm at whoooooa just finished dloading it) as result of reading a thread where you just mention you don't have something. no attempt to get it or try to whamboom schmoozle it just out of the blue first thing at the start of the day. Wow. Wow. Thanks very much Rick. I am amazed at you considerate behaviour. MINDSPY

Post #: 1
- 3/17/2001 5:54:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

This is a big reason why Matrix and their products are winners.........plain and simple!!!!!! And this is why they will always have my full support.

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 2
- 3/17/2001 6:03:00 AM   
MindSpy

MINDSPY And it just doesn't stop there! You know i don't know how many times I've written to david Heath and even after searching through the threads to make sure he hasn't come online to mention something or two or even after making sure it is not in the Art of Wargaiming or the General Forum I still get the feeling that this is probably the fourth of fifth time that he has had to answer the same question on emails, then on other listings similarly and so on, so you could imagine it might be starting to wear thin somewhere. But no. I get an answer within a reasonable length of time. It arrives and he is usually able to solve or bring the situation up to date in no time! That's david. Then there is Warhorse and his constant cavalry rush to answer questions and dot i's and croos t's with things we might not normally get to hear about outside the Forum. Wild Bill always ready to read through the postings and add in the necessary and always ready to answer questions on his campaigns and what not! Pack Rat who in hours will put together a whole set of by design maps from players for players on the Battle front in the League! Figmo whose recently unearthed a veritaable batch of Gold in them ther scens with armour. Problem with lists like these is that your bound to miss someone who you know has done alot! Oh well. A start is a start. MINDSPY

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 3
- 3/17/2001 6:13:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Just came in from my desert odyssey Mindspy to say thanks to you. It's very encouraging to know we are appreciated by the gamers. That makes it all worthwhile. It truly does. This was a very kind post on your part. And now, they've fueled my Mk III (I know, I know, it needs a little paint and those dents could be knocked out!) and General Rommel is tapping his boot and looking at his watch, so I gotta roll! Let's go, crew! How do you say, "We're burning daylight" in German? I think that is what he just said :D Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 4
- 3/17/2001 6:18:00 AM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Just came in from my desert odyssey Mindspy to say thanks to you. It's very encouraging to know we are appreciated by the gamers. That makes it all worthwhile. It truly does. This was a very kind post on your part. And now, they've fueled my Mk III (I know, I know, it needs a little paint and those dents could be knocked out!) and General Rommel is tapping his boot and looking at his watch, so I gotta roll! Let's go, crew! How do you say, "We're burning daylight" in German? I think that is what he just said :D Wild Bill
MINDSPY ROUST MINDSPY

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 5
- 3/17/2001 7:53:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Mindspy! Thank you for the very nice post, :) post like yours makes it all worth while, I am very glad I could help a fellow gamer this is what it's all about. I am very touch by your words make me feel real good. :D Well back to my sand box for me. Thanks Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 6
- 3/17/2001 8:19:00 AM   
mogami

Hi no Rick it was 3 standing ovations/curtain calls. You deserve them. And Wild Bill....well what could my poor words do to express my admiration for the fearless leader? "Beeilen Sie sich!!! Wir verbrennen Tageslicht" (Hurry Up!!! We are burning daylight") Think I will go sit on Beerbottle hill and watch the Panzers roll by

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 7
- 3/17/2001 8:38:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I reactivated users ability to delete there own posts...

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 8
- 3/17/2001 9:15:00 AM   
Pack Rat

Thanks for the kind words Mindspy, it spurred me to get the links for the maps working again on the new site. Added a couple of things on the download page also. More maps to put up as well, probably later tonight. They are up.

PR

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 9
- 3/17/2001 9:35:00 AM   
Tankhead

Thanks Paul! Works great :) Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: I reactivated users ability to delete there own posts...

Tankhead

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 10
- 3/17/2001 10:05:00 AM   
Figmo

WOW - Thanks MindSpy!! I'm not sure I belong with the others - they do so much more than I!! But I do have good news - I just heard from Fabio - he's had some problems but will be going strong again soon. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 11
- 3/17/2001 10:29:00 AM   
MindSpy

MINDSPY Yes to add a couple more. Tireless Paul Vebber. Whenever there is a new dload up it seems it's Roll out the VEBBER he's gonna have abarrel of good ties Roll out the VEBBER gonna get those bugs out this time ... And yes Bonzo Don Fabio and still moe others Oh boy I am in over my head listing them off. MINDSPY

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 12
- 3/17/2001 12:14:00 PM   
Bonzo

Thanks for the plug, Laddie. It's all for the love of the game. That & wanting to share it with as many folks as possible & make their gaming experience as good as possible. I'm sure that that is a key reason the every person, listed here or not, takes the time to pass on their wisdom (or what they believe is wisdom ;) each time they answer a question or add to a thread.

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 13
- 3/17/2001 3:48:00 PM   
Don

Thanks, Mindspy! It is fun to help others, and I have found my "thing" with the tutorial project. I know you like to help others too, like you've done with your recent C&C posts. Way to go! Those were excellent.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 14
- 3/18/2001 2:02:00 AM   
Warhorse

Mindspy, thanks so much for the very nice praise!!! We have a truly very unique group of people, that means ALL of you, here. I've never seen so much helpfulness and just great bunch to associate with, just wish you all lived in my town!! ;) Thanks everyone!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 15
- 3/18/2001 3:00:00 AM   
ruxius

Yeah Mr. Mindspy..You say it ! And I would raise another flag mentioning just all the members like you that day after day populate this forum..they form really a core group...some sort of 'reference manual' for us who are the 'tourists' that day after day open the forum looking at news ,suggestion ,questions and answers..you make this forum living ! I am so happy to be here each day for a while...interested in SPWAW-news more than I do in real life with newspapers ! and DESPITE all the misunderstandings and obscurities a foreign language causes to me.. I have never 'studied' so much english since I was here !!!! I dream that day of our first core campaign played online with SPWAW...all togheter into the same side...battle after battle ! Can you imagine yourself in your own personal tank platoon and Paul ahead of you manouvering with its plt of TD-- ..WB's Engineer plt placing mines around a hill where an enemy attack is expected..David running with its command car through the battlefield hoping its A0) will rally Figmo's recon units under stronghold's fire...(you deserve it :-)) because I am sure you still do not started to study italian... :)eheheheh Warhorse obviously runs out from a wood with its 'cavalry' platoon...while Tankhead asks for him to be the first to move its tanks 'ahead' after Pat patrolled the way :-)) ..and hey Mindspy !! you have to do a great job with your spy-snipers...we need to know where to launch our Bonzo-Banzai aircrafts ! all we have to contribute with our skills to the final victory !!! And who I forgot ? Well there is a lot of personnel needed to be assigned to our mobile artillery ! And look at so many members we have here !!! We will soon open a recruitment center.. as for me ? ...I would be glad to have a good trip around the battlefield with my trucks...but please do not tell me I have to go ahead to be a target !!! I would use trucks in a different way ! Ok stop kidding like a child..I wrote this only because Paul said we will be able to delete our posts.. But goodness knows when we shall do a campaign all togheter...online ! ahahaha Here we are 'training' very well ! :D Thanks Matrix Forum to exist !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 16
- 3/18/2001 4:15:00 AM   
Figmo

Ruxius, ROTFLMAO!! Great post!! Your English IS improving - good thing cause you're correct - I still don't know Italian!! :eek: Just like you and Wild Bill - to put me out front - recon huh!! Well, if your trucks have flat tires - I had nothing to do with it!! ;) Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 17
- 3/18/2001 10:21:00 AM   
bchapman

Mindspy, I agree with you 110%. The people at Matrix are the BEST! I would also like to say thank you to YOU, for the Deul tournament and the work that you have put into it. Thanks, Bascom :cool:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 18
- 3/18/2001 10:44:00 AM   
Kokoda

quote:

Originally posted by Bonzo: It's all for the love of the game. That & wanting to share it with as many folks as possible & make their gaming experience as good as possible. I'm sure that that is a key reason the every person, listed here or not, takes the time to pass on their wisdom (or what they believe is wisdom ;) each time they answer a question or add to a thread.
This is the great thing about this board. the genuine leadership shown by these knowledgeable people inspires us all to contribute. Even I try, despite my minimal knowledge...but I've never been quick enough! Mindspy was looking for details from the SP3 manual, so I've been copying the relevant details to send to him...to try to repay him for his help...but before I can scratch myself this thread arrives, Mindspy has his manual in a much more useful form than I could provide, and I'm struggling in the wake again. :rolleyes: Great leaders inspire, they don't drive. Thanks again to you all. CHRIS

CHRIS

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 19
- 3/18/2001 1:04:00 PM   
David Heath

Thanks Mindspy and all the other great gamers here. I never planned this to ever get this far but I thrilled it did. I am very proud and honored to work with these guys. Its like a second family... we laugh we fight... but we always come together to get the job done. Thanks to the gamers and to the guys on the team...

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 20
- 3/18/2001 2:39:00 PM   
MindSpy

MINDSPY WOW WOW Hey how did you know S n i p e r A wish come true and so right on target Did I do something that gave it away? Thanks for the thanks. thanks to you rebelbug thanks kindly for enjoying yourself there! Oh boy I really gotta rush I've got ten things that needed doing hours ago and now I am so far behind i be back ... MINDSPY

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 21
- 3/18/2001 3:51:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks for the translation, Mogami. Now if I can learn to say it with authority...Danke! Be sure and use an umbrella. That desert sun is killer! And not the one with flowers on it, either, Mog! The Man with the dark tan :D (Been in the desert toooooo long!)

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 22
- 3/18/2001 8:55:00 PM   
Bob Wallace

AHHHHEMMM AHHHHEEEEMMM AAHHHHEEEMMM... Oh sorry Mike, wasn't trying to indicate i should be on your list ... I was just clearing my throat. Hee Hee Hee :D :D :D

"That which does not kill me usually leaves me wishing I was dead!"

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 23
- 3/19/2001 7:14:00 PM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Wallace: AHHHHEMMM AHHHHEEEEMMM AAHHHHEEEMMM... Oh sorry Mike, wasn't trying to indicate i should be on your list ... I was just clearing my throat. Hee Hee Hee :D :D :D
MINDSPY Damn I did miss a couple. i had a number of names that just roll off the tongue when talking Matrix. Bob Wallace is one of them and he has a nice location where you can get his historical scenarios. it's at ThankHeads sure enough while writing and having to keep track of spelling and making sure that i am on the same sentence typing while thinking other things and people to mention sure enough i forgot a few. thanks for mentioning it i was still convinced to this moment that i had mentioned Bob Wallace as I have played his scens many times Purple/Debut and damn now i forgot the other name (valley of the i forogt) oh well thanks very much and even if your name didn't appear instantly it is on that list of peopely that come to mind very quickly when talking Matrix (although you know you play with campaign generator too much if you don't go blind you bound to have weak tactical skill .... blah blah blah. HAHAHAHAHA MINDSPY :eek:

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 24
- 3/19/2001 7:46:00 PM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Wallace: AHHHHEMMM AHHHHEEEEMMM AAHHHHEEEMMM... Oh sorry Mike, wasn't trying to indicate i should be on your list ... I was just clearing my throat. Hee Hee Hee :D :D :D
MINDSPY Yeah losing sound is as painful as my back. however for those of us still under 600 MHz also consider it to be performance robbing extras. And of course REDLEG. His tireless efforts to get players to consider the historical is well known. No need to define Historical for me REDLEG the word means only one thing to me and the process to get to historical forces is simple. You clearly have the right idea. MINDSPY

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 25
- 3/20/2001 9:12:00 AM   
Grenadier

I agree with all of these comments, but even thoufgh they are silent most of the time. do not forget MIke Wood & Tom Proudfoot.. Without them, there would be no game called SPWAW to rave about :)

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 26
- 3/20/2001 9:37:00 AM   
Figmo

quote:

Originally posted by Brent: I agree with all of these comments, but even thoufgh they are silent most of the time. do not forget MIke Wood & Tom Proudfoot.. Without them, there would be no game called SPWAW to rave about :)
Absolutely correct Brent!! And let's not forget you - Brent - with all your scenarios for people to enjoyment - you make a very large contribution to our fun. And one more person - Mel Marauder - his leadership of the SP Arsenal and his map making are already legendary!! Figmo

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 27
- 3/20/2001 10:34:00 AM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: Absolutely correct Brent!! And let's not forget you - Brent - with all your scenarios for people to enjoyment - you make a very large contribution to our fun. And one more person - Mel Marauder - his leadership of the SP Arsenal and his map making are already legendary!! Figmo
MINDSPY I'll stand by you FIGMO! Thanks again. MINDSPY

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 28
- 3/20/2001 1:13:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Interesting thoughts here Mindspy. There is a history here of which you may not be aware. Back in the fall of 1997 (That long ago? SP3 was still being beta tested and so was East Front back then!) I approached David Heath about opening a little site dedicated to SP scenarios. He was just gettting started with The Gamers Net. I had just left Novastar and also another web site and was looking for a home. I offered to do one scenario a week and write an article (historical) on that scenario. Back then that was the crew at TGN. David...and me! Now in 3 1/2 years look what has happened. I would never have really considered all of this possible, including having a part in the beginning of a gaming company. I've seen the coming of so many talented people here. I remember well when all of these gentlemen began to join us, one at a time. Of the original Raider group of seven, only the old Kunel is left. But now the Raiders number 27 strong and The small test group has grown into four teams working on four separate web pages! Amazing! It's been a stormy three years, ain't it David? But we are hanging in there. I've been privileged to have a part in all of this, including the development scenario design and support of the mighty SPWAW. And if you were to start naming names, which was a very kind gesture, Mindspy, so MANY come to mind. They've all been heroes for the gaming community. Some are here. Some have moved on. Sometimes the experiences have been rough, and skies cloudy, but I've always seen the rainbow. I see it now. This is a fine team, top notch quality, good attitude and we get along just fine. The names don't stop with TGN. What about all of you out there, who support and encourage us? What would any of this be without you, your patience, and your goodwill? Nothing of this means very much without all of you. So we here at Matrix salute you, all of you who stand with us in this effort! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 29
- 3/20/2001 1:44:00 PM   
MindSpy

MINDSPY That does take us back don't it. thanks for the storyline it is always interesting to see the behind the scenesand over the years. Is there a *.pdf of this out there yet? I hope some day. The thing about being on a cmputer game is that reading doesn't come up too often and then when it does and when it is warm and a good story it just makes the game that much more fun and sustaining for enjoyment (particularly in these days of one year is alomost enough to make your computer obsolete in hardware to software--who can keep up year to year?). Well I would like to see the *.pdf of the story behind the web links from an over the years perspective and a into the future assesment so we can chortle when we actually get there and smile at what we used to hope for etc.. Ah well. to the *.pdf MINDSPY

(in reply to MindSpy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> People ... There is a certain core group at Matrix games . com Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI