Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Attacking Pirate bases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Attacking Pirate bases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attacking Pirate bases - 7/14/2014 7:17:14 AM   
TheTempesT

Hello,

So I play with a lot of automation on while I mostly watch and make a few tweaks to how my empire thinks.

However I noticed that the empires very rarely attack the pirate bases (space ports/colony's). In fact if they are at war with another empire, they NEVER attack the pirate bases.

Is there any Mod or anything in the policy setup I can do to change this behavior? I want my empire to be killing the pirates if they spawn close by their territory.

Thanks.

< Message edited by TheTempesT -- 7/14/2014 8:20:44 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Attacking Pirate bases - 7/14/2014 8:38:56 PM   
johanwanderer

Fleets will not attack pirate bases automatically unless they're in the same system (and have the right attack stance.)

As far as I can tell, the advisers will advise and initiate attacks (if you have advisers attacks / wars / etc. on automatic.) Be advised though, they will as likely to send your fleet consisting solely of troops transports (0 firepower) as your best battle fleet.

I personally just built a couple anti-pirate fleets (when I can afford to) and go around to erradicate them.

(in reply to TheTempesT)
Post #: 2
RE: Attacking Pirate bases - 7/14/2014 10:40:38 PM   
Keston

Why should the empires pick on the small "independent businessmen" trying to make a living among the stars? They provide valuable services.

(in reply to johanwanderer)
Post #: 3
RE: Attacking Pirate bases - 7/16/2014 1:41:28 PM   
Jeeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keston

Why should the empires pick on the small "independent businessmen" trying to make a living among the stars? They provide valuable services.

LOL Right! They can be bought off, unlike space creatures. They seldom want more than 5k per year, and the bill for paying off 68 in my current game is under 100k per year. So I let let them alone until game year 10 or so, when I destroy all their spaceports and capture all their mines. I would let them alone all of the game, but by year 10 their warships often surpass an AI empire's total military strength, and they squeeze the AI empire's cash reserves dry...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Keston)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Attacking Pirate bases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI