Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Research Explain please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Research Explain please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Research Explain please - 8/1/2014 2:01:17 AM   
jkile

How does one maximize research??? On research screen you have a "Empire Potential" figure, say 745.

Down below there is two sets of numbers; actual capacity 800 and actual use500. I hope I terminology right.

Does the player need much usage with capacity OR usage with potential???? to have you research rate working as fast as it can. I understand the additional pluses(like location bonuses).

Thanks,

jmk

< Message edited by jmkile -- 8/1/2014 3:02:23 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Research Explain please - 8/1/2014 2:30:03 AM   
lurchi

The Research Potential is what your empire could achieve. To reach that goal you need enough research labs.

Total Research Capacity shows how much lab capacity you have. This should be the same as your Research Potential or a bit more. If it's less building more labs is a great idea.
Depending on what labs you have you can distribute your effort among the research areas.

Actual Output is what your empire actually achieves based on the above. If you have a bonus (like from locations) it's included.

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 2
RE: Research Explain please - 8/1/2014 2:53:24 PM   
janamdo

Your total research capacity( summed up) must be equal to that of the Total empire research potential..
By choosing research stations lokations, scientists , ..you can get up to 5 bonus fields what can increase the Total research capacity..then you get the actual output what must be higher ofcourse than the Total empire research potential otherwise there is no benefit.

When the population is growing and with more colonies the total empire research potential will increase, because there are more scientists to get.
You must keeping a eye on the total research capacity and the total empire research potential ..those two figures must match
If the total empire research potential is growing ..you must build more max bonussed research stations

< Message edited by janamdo -- 8/1/2014 4:37:41 PM >

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 3
RE: Research Explain please - 8/1/2014 3:07:06 PM   
jkile

thanks a lot guys or girls!!!!

Ithought this is what is suppose to be, but just couldn't find a concise answer.

jmkile

(in reply to janamdo)
Post #: 4
RE: Research Explain please - 8/1/2014 5:27:07 PM   
Vardis

TRC and TERP don't have to match. You don't want TERP to be higher than your TRC, because that means you aren't researching as much as you could be. If your TRC is higher, that just means you are paying for research labs that aren't being utilized, which is almost certainly a very small percentage of your maintenance costs (well under 1% in my game).

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Research Explain please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI