Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet MD Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet MD Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet MD Question - 9/23/2014 2:13:22 PM   
Sorta

Hi all,

I'm still a bit vague on the practical results of overloading Front/MD HQs. Its Oct '41 and keeping army HQ to the 14/16 CP so most Fronts are fine.

I have a number of Div's attached to STAVKA and was wondering what the downside of putting them into an army and

a) attached to a very distant MD eg S Urals; or
b) attach to nearby MD eg Moscow but overloaded.

With (a) I assume that its so far away don't expect any help from MD Leader so why not overload? How does it make it worse?

With (b) seems clear - just reduction in leader roll. Is it better to be in an overloaded nearby MD or a distant MD? Or no real difference?

And the more strategic question from the above is where to put the Shock(CAV) armies and later tank. In a previous PBEM game I've put them attached to Fronts to get the max benefit but the downside of having these mobile units stuck in one region when the Germans attacked in 42 was too high so intend to attach to MDs - their may be no right answer?

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet MD Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI