Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on migration and planet habitability.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question on migration and planet habitability. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on migration and planet habitability. - 10/25/2014 6:39:18 AM   
Shogouki

One thing that I had been meaning to ask for awhile is if it is working as intended for your race to be able to migrate to worlds that have hostile environments that became yours (Whether by invasion or taking an independent world) when you don't yet possess the technology to colonize those worlds yet? It just seemed strange, and a bit irritating, that my race would flock to independent worlds that I gained, even though the environment was still hostile to my race, and the original race would quickly become out numbered so that I couldn't build colony ships there to colonize that world type. And, working as intended or not, is it possible to change this so that your race (And any others in your empire that are not native to that world type) would be unable to migrate there until you researched the required technology? Thanks for your time!
Post #: 1
RE: Question on migration and planet habitability. - 10/25/2014 8:53:51 AM   
Bingeling

The behavior is of course intended, or at least intended enough to be left alone for years.

Game behavior can not be modded, this is game behavior.

You should be able to colonize the "alien types" if you order colonization by selection panel/left menu/expansion planner. You do of course need the population of the "alien race" to meet the minimum population to build a colony ship.

If it is not possible, the problem is not major enough for me to ever notice.

(in reply to Shogouki)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question on migration and planet habitability. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI