Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adjusting weapons abs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Adjusting weapons abs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adjusting weapons abs - 11/18/2014 5:55:12 PM   
thesock

In the earlier games adjusting the effect of the off board arty and mortars was a simple case of adjusting the blast effect radius and the penetration setting. but for the last couple of versions including this one , adjusting those setting have no effect. Am I missing something?
Post #: 1
RE: Adjusting weapons abs - 11/20/2014 3:55:55 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Gateway to Caen allows you to specify what weapon index is used for off-map mortar or artillery support in the campaign.txt data file. I suspect you may be changing a different data entry, because the weapon values do have an effect.

The data field you need to adjust can be found at the end of \data\base\campaigns.txt. Then change the corresponding row in \data\base\weapons.txt.

Steve

(in reply to thesock)
Post #: 2
RE: Adjusting weapons abs - 11/20/2014 7:15:46 PM   
thesock

Cheers Steve.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Adjusting weapons abs - 11/20/2014 9:43:45 PM   
thesock

All I could find in the campaign file is how to adjust the number of barrages allocate per day. What I was trying for was to up the destructive capability, as at the moment the arty seems to have little effect on armour. On Invasion Normandy you only had to up the penetration and blast effect numbers, but on PitF and GtC those settings when adjusted seem to have no effect.

(in reply to thesock)
Post #: 4
RE: Adjusting weapons abs - 11/21/2014 3:49:18 PM   
Cathartes

the first number under fire support (in Campaign.txt) is the index number of the weapon in the weapons file. Try radically changing some of the data for artillery and/or mortar and work backwards from there. The way that blast effect works in GtC and PitF is a bit different than Invasion Normandy.

< Message edited by Cathartes -- 11/21/2014 4:50:55 PM >

(in reply to thesock)
Post #: 5
RE: Adjusting weapons abs - 11/22/2014 8:10:57 PM   
thesock

Found the bit at the bottom of the Campaign file. Some very interesting tweets there. Also found in the weapons file that I had to adjust the calibre size to ramp up the effect. Thanks for the help Cathartes and Steve.

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Adjusting weapons abs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI