Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My ideas for more immersion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> My ideas for more immersion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My ideas for more immersion - 11/3/2014 7:09:52 PM   
ByronBond

I thought about adding this to Templar's MC thread, but to keep that focused on MC, I'll start a new one. Now, I bought the game in early access as a vote of confidence and support for the devs, but have only been playting the 1.o release version, and no more than 4-5 hours, so these are initial ideas.

First - I agree with Templar. The MC needs more tension. After all, you are about to press the launch key on millions of dollars of hardware, and as it stands now, there is little reason from a gameplay perspective to even bother watching. Other people have listed lots of great ideas on that thread, so I'll not repeat.

I do not care for the percentage ratings for the FCs, SET, and Astronauts. I would much prefer a textual description such as "Remarkably talented" (for 95% maybe), "Talented", "Weak" etc. As it is now you pick team members comparing one's 63% rating to anothers 65%, where in real life, no manager has that much insight into someone's skills. And no one's skills are that fixed.

Likewise, reliability of components should not be nearly as transparent. The Devs have it right with the current Dr. Von Braun 'assessment' of success.

Rewards and failures should have some drama. Maybe embed some of the historical photos and movies to recognize achievements (a ticker tape parade, maybe for "Calvin Roca", first American to orbit earth (ingame)). Also, success should increase morale (maybe it does already) and failure should reduce it. At some point, maybe skilled unhappy SET/FC/Astronauts should leave for the public sector.

At the moment the game, for me, lacks excitement and tension, and the detailed numbers make is seem like a spreadsheet exercise rather than being the Director of a space program. I'm still playing, and looking forward to continuing development.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> My ideas for more immersion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI