Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does this have PBEM++ ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Does this have PBEM++ ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does this have PBEM++ ? - 1/5/2015 9:21:25 PM   
YueJin

Hi, I've been really enjoying the ease of play PBEM++ gives on games like Panzer corps and Flashpoint: Red storm.

I'm looking to start branching into more strategical level games for multiplayer rather than tactical and wondered if this has the PBEM++ system or just regular PBEM as I couldn't see it mentioned in the description.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Does this have PBEM++ ? - 1/5/2015 9:30:17 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: YueJin

Hi, I've been really enjoying the ease of play PBEM++ gives on games like Panzer corps and Flashpoint: Red storm.

I'm looking to start branching into more strategical level games for multiplayer rather than tactical and wondered if this has the PBEM++ system or just regular PBEM as I couldn't see it mentioned in the description.

Thanks in advance.

Hi its just the traditional exchange of saves with your opponent, can either be via email or dropbox to your taste

(in reply to YueJin)
Post #: 2
RE: Does this have PBEM++ ? - 1/10/2015 2:49:10 AM   
balto

PBEM with no password protect. Yep, a game released post 1995 and it still has no Password protect.

Hint - those that post "password not necessary, I trust people." You might want to watch out for them.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Does this have PBEM++ ? - 1/10/2015 3:08:36 AM   
Symple

Oh balto, your comment makes me weep, not everyone wishes to cheat. I do not trust everyone, seriously, how could anyone trust everyone, but the deal is not everyone cheats.
I was actually very surprised the first time an opponent in a password protected game cheated. It was so easy to do, but I was naive and did not know how to manipulate the system. So, I did learn how to gauge cheating by play. I have actually had more players cheat in password protected games than in those without passwords. Lots of ways to cheat if you mean to cheat.
Actually the shared hosting is really nice.

< Message edited by Symple -- 1/10/2015 5:24:29 AM >

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 4
RE: Does this have PBEM++ ? - 1/13/2015 8:14:34 PM   
jeffk3510

My pbem opponent in WitpAE has become one of my best friends. He also knows my street address, phone number, names of my children and wife, and if we didn't have to have a password in the game, I doubt we would. We also have very similar interests outside of wargamming.

It's all about finding the right person IMO

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 5
RE: Does this have PBEM++ ? - 1/13/2015 9:14:23 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

PBEM with no password protect. Yep, a game released post 1995 and it still has no Password protect.

Hint - those that post "password not necessary, I trust people." You might want to watch out for them.

Better to watch for those who put everything east and charge. That way you don't waste your time.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
RE: Does this have PBEM++ ? - 1/25/2015 4:41:32 AM   
Symple

In my view, passwords provide a false sense of security. There are more ways to cheat in a password protected game than the number of politicians who speak straight. I learned the hard way that password protection was for the naive. Many losses later, I learned to play open games without passwords actually were better in regard to fairness. The online forums such as for Pike and Shot and The Great War are more secure, but even these can be circumvented by the person desperate to win at all costs.
I do know lots of players who insist upon password protection, but I also know a lot of players I used to play who knew how to abuse this seemingly safe protection.
Not to make a major point, but if you think you are safe from a fraudulence player by using a password, you would be wrong.

< Message edited by Symple -- 1/25/2015 5:42:34 AM >

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Does this have PBEM++ ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI