Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Government types.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Government types. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Gov... - 3/11/2015 7:17:28 PM   
Rosbjerg

Well, I'm not allowed to post images apparently, so I'll try to explain instead.

I've edited a races race files with the following:
SpecialComponent ;9, 57
SpecialGovernment ;7, 6

Which should correspond to Shaktur Firestom and Novacore in my Components.txt and 2 Government types in my Governments.txt

But in game it displays the races' special tech/component as the Maxoblaster (component 0) and Despotism (GovID 0).

Anyone know what's up with that? What am I doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered... - 3/11/2015 9:19:13 PM   
nvek

I think the cause is quite simple; it's not possible to assign more than 1 special government/component to a race.

The number 9 should indeed be the shaktur firestorm, I'd say try it with just number 9 and see if it displays that correctly ingame.
If it still doesn't you may want to check the boskara race file and make sure they no longer use 9 as special component, cause I don't think it's possible to assign more than 1 race to a special component either.

If you really want to add more than one unique component to a race you could add it as a normal component and disallow it for all other races.

(in reply to Rosbjerg)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered... - 3/12/2015 9:26:17 AM   
Rosbjerg

Awesome thanks - it would be great if those kind of small tidbits would be added to the modding guide, for noobs like me (hint hint to the developers) :)

(in reply to nvek)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Government types. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI