Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shoreline - Kashmir

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Shoreline - Kashmir Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shoreline - Kashmir - 2/21/2022 5:29:12 PM   
hrfepo1

I am playing Shoreline from Kashmir. I can't understand why Pakistan has no radars. The scenario has a P-3 without radars! Does anyone know why this is the case?

Post #: 1
RE: Shoreline - Kashmir - 2/21/2022 7:00:50 PM   
stww2

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here? A cursory glance at the DB entries of the various Pakistani aircraft in the scenario reveals the following radars:

PAF Pasni:

1x P-3C Orion Update II: AN/APS-115 Surface Search Radar (200nm range)
6x Mirage 5PA3: Agave Air to Air and Air to Surface FCR (85nm range)

PAF Masroor:

6x F-7MP Skybolt: Grifo 7 Air to Air/Air to Surface FCR (35 nm range)
3x F-16AM Falcon MLU: AN/APG-66(v)2A MLU Air to Air and Air to Surface FCR (60 nm range)
1x F-16DJ Blk 52: AN/APG-68(v)9 Air to Air and Air to Surface FCR (60nm range)
6x JF-17 Thunder Blk 3: China KLJ-7A [Type 1478] Air to Air and Air to Surface FCR (60nm range)

PAF Faisal/PNSs Mehran:

6x JH-7A Flounder: China JL-10A Shen Ying Air to Air and Air to Surface FCR (45nm)
2x Z-9EC Dauphin 2: China KLC-1 Surface Search radar (180nm range)

Non-Based Units:

SSM Bn (YJ-12) near PAF Faisal: China Type 352 Square Tie Surface to Surface FCR (40nm)
SSM Bn (C-802) near PAF Masroor: China Type 352 Square Tie Surface to Surface FCR (40nm)
2x P1029 Jalalat [Larkana Mod]: China Type 362 Surface to Air and Surface to Surface Radar (40nm) (plus a navigation radar)
P1013 Azmat: China Type 360 Surface to Air and Surface to Search Radar (90nm) (plus a China Type 352 Square Tie)

Of course, the SAM batteries also have their own Surface to Air Radars (but I'm going to assume you were focusing on surface search radars, since that's what the P-3 has), and if we really want to be technical, the diesel sub has its own periscope surface search radar too.

Granted you only have a couple of truly long ranged surface search radars (the one on the single P-3 and the ones on the two helicopters), but at least to me that's a very far cry from no radars. Unless your install is horribly bugged or something...

< Message edited by stww2 -- 2/21/2022 7:02:33 PM >

(in reply to hrfepo1)
Post #: 2
RE: Shoreline - Kashmir - 2/21/2022 7:18:32 PM   
hrfepo1

Thanks for responding. I must have a problem with the program because the Orion's and the helicopter's radars do not work.

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 3
RE: Shoreline - Kashmir - 2/21/2022 7:56:11 PM   
stww2

I have a guess about what is going on here, though I could be completely off-base. By chance, are you trying to turn on the P-3's/Z-9EC's radars via the sensor panel? I've noticed that, occasionally, the game won't actually accept manual sensor activations, even with "Unit Obeys EMCON" unchecked; the setting is at fist accepted, but then immediately reverts back to "Unit Obeys EMCON" (maybe that's only after unpausing, I can't remember the exact sequence). When this happens, the best way to control the unit's sensors is by changing its EMCON settings (so, in this example, set the P-3's Radar EMCON to Active from the doctrine/WRA/EMCON window).

I've had this happen to me enough times that falling back on the workaround when the sensor panel won't obey is practically second-nature for me, but I can see how such a situation could be confusing to someone who wasn't on the lookout for that error (I suppose I probably should file a bug report at some point, but when the workaround is so simple and I'm lazy...).

I suppose the issue could always be something really silly like forgetting to turn on the surface-search range rings on the map, or maybe even something more problematic like a corrupted scenario or database file (though that strikes me as unlikely given the circumstances), but the above is my best guess.

(in reply to hrfepo1)
Post #: 4
RE: Shoreline - Kashmir - 2/22/2022 10:25:33 AM   
hrfepo1

Thanks for the hint, but I tried to turn the radars of the Orion and the Dauphins on the panel, directly, on the mission, and for the side (Pakistan). The radars of the Orion and the Dauphins do not turn on. All the other platforms work well. I may have to reinstall the program.

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Shoreline - Kashmir Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI